A Doorway to the Gates of Hell

25 Dec, 2021

Pandora in the Ice Chamber. Liam watching from outside. Andre lying dead behind them. Felucca waiting anxiously, grateful that they had covered up his friend's murder. Bunny driving back into town. Eve sitting in her home whilst a letter slides under her door. Tom reading the letter that was already delivered. Mary holding guard to protect the Ice Chamber. Phy hurrying home, satisfied with his work. Bojan watching the Ice Chamber carefully, enjoying every second of it. And Helios, preparing himself for a formal evening with his lover.

They formed the Eleven. The Eleven who were intentionally so entwined in the knot. But the Book was finished, and the knot no longer. Now the Eleven had free will, but many would not live to see it for very long.

Eve walked wearily to the restaurant. The same restaurant where she had met Chris. Where she got herself reintroduced to Tom. Where Liam reached his peak of happiness. Waiting outside was Tom, and everything began to make sense to her.

"What the fuck do you want?" She exclaimed.

"Me?" He squirmed. "I just followed your note. What the fuck are you doing here?"

"My note?!"

"Be quiet please, children," Phy said patiently as he approached them. "I sent the note."

"What the fuck?" Eve murmured.

"Who the shit are you?!" Tom exclaimed.

"I'm Phy, Tom. I'm Eve's father. I - I need to talk to the two of you." Phy responded meekly, and he looked as if he were somewhat scared.

"Dad, what the fuck is going on?" Eve yelled. "Why the fuck have you brought me and my ex here? How do you even know who he is?"

"I will explain, children," Phy frowned. "Come inside with me, please."

"I don't have time for this shi-" Tom began.

"I know," the old man nodded. "I know that about two weeks ago your child was taken from you. You weren't the only one. Please, come inside the restaurant with me."

Tom's face broke, and his stature slouched. He nodded and began to walk inside with Phy, and Eve followed after with a surprised expression upon her symmetrical face. They ordered a table, and sat at the exact same one that Eve, Liam, Pandora and Chris had sat a little over a year prior.

Tonight was going to be spectacular. Helios tightened his tie and gave himself a grin as he looked into the mirror. During the day, they would watch Pandora die. She was a bitch, for what she did to Bunny. If Helios killed her, perhaps it would allow Bunny to more easily forgive him. Perhaps Bunny would join them in salvation.

And tonight, Bojan and Helios were to have dinner together. The others would be able to converse and, if necessary, farewell any people they were leaving behind. But tonight was not about them. Tonight was about a dinner between two inseparable lovers. And tomorrow, humanity would be destroyed and the Gods reinserted to their rightful places.

Everything was planned, but not certain. The Book ended on the 19th. At this point, things may go not according to plan. But Helios could and would still do anything in his power to ensure everything goes swimmingly. Anything.

"Dad, what the fuck is going on?" Eve sighed passionately.

"Okay, children," Phy frowned and looked at the two of them. "As you know, Eve, I was having an affair a while ago. You saw me with him once - with Bojan." Eve knew not that her father's boyfriend was Bojan, but wasn't surprised at this point. Everything in her family was fucked up, why should this be any different?