Chapter 22 ~ Tris

Sorry, this chapter is really short and kind of fluffy! I've been running out of ideas for Tris's part.
But otherwise, like always, ENJOY!

"Some Dauntless cake to celebrate?" Zeke's voice is calm, but inside we all know he's praying for me to say yes.
I smirk. "Only for you, Zeke."
He jumps and happily claps his hands, running forward and dragging me along with him.
"Take it easy, dude," Shauna yells from her wheelchair. Christina's pushing her. "She just got out of the hospital!"
He doesn't slow down.
Thankfully, we arrive at the cafeteria.
"I'll get the cake."
Before I can even speak, he dashes off.
"Zeke always run the fastest when it's to the cafeteria," Shauna sighs. "He runs faster than when he was trying to escape from David a few months ago."
I freeze.
The bullet lodges it's way into me. I can already feel myself losing consciousness.
"You lose, Tris," hisses David.
I raise my gun, hoping to make one kill before I die myself.
"I'm so sorry," Shauna cries, shaking my pale body. "I forgot."
I smile weakly. "It's okay, I'm no Pansycake."
Zeke returns, juggling two whole Dauntless cakes.
He drops one for us, and puts the other one in front of him for himself.
We roll our eyes.
"I'll cut it," Christina volunteers. She hasn't spoken since we left the hospital.
She grabs the knife and swiftly cuts the cake into pieces. My eye catches on a golden band around her ring finger.
It looks exactly like the one I had seen in the image. Two overlapping golden bands decorated with rubies and one giant diamond.
This is it. She and Tobias are getting married.
FourTris is done.

Don't kill me don't kill me please don't. Angry mobs of fangirls and fanboys is one of my five fears (not).
QOTC: Fears?
Me: pain, embarrassment, death, heights, and losing a loved one. Those are my fears right now, but they sometimes and usually change. But it's always been five.

~ Evie 👓