Part 9

Y/N POV

 -morning-

    12 PM 

I sat at the table, writing my report on buck's progress. I desperately wanted to lie saying he still needs help but I couldn't, he was getting better and I was happy for him. It was my last day with the Avengers and everyone was a bit down. They all sat in the living room doing their own thing. Bucky didn't join them, he was sat in his room not wanting to think about leaving.

I finished my report and sent it to Fury. I sighed as I stood up with my laptop under my arm. I had already packed my stuff so I slid my laptop into my bag. Clint and Bruce were in the kitchen making sandwiches and getting drinks for the picnic.

I didn't like seeing everyone down so I went t cheer them up.

"oh cmon don't be pouting"I fake laughed as they all looked up still pouting." we gotta make the best of today and you all sitting around isn't very fun huh?"

nat giggled and stood up "Y/Ns right guys cmon let's go".

everyone stood up with a smile. Clint and Bruce came behind us as we walked out. Steve went to go get bucky. After a small walk, we sat in the middle of the field under a tree. After 5 minutes bucky and steve came down. I'd say it took a while to convince bucky to come. I smiled at him as he sat against the tree with his hair covering his face, I could see a little smirk as he saw me smiling at him.

We all laughed and talked about old missions the team went on. I could see Steve and bucky looking at me the whole time, it made me giggle. I grabbed Nat's arm and pulled her into the high grass.WE giggled as I twirled her around. The guys watched in awe. They had never seen nat be so soft.

We danced through the flowers trying not to squish them. Eventually, we fell and landed on top of some poppies.WE laughed as we saw Clint and banner run over to us Clint through nat over his shoulder and ran around with her. Nat hit his back trying to get down but he wouldn't budge.

Bruce offered me his hand and I excepted. He smiled as I took his hand. Bruce was a gentle person, you wouldn't think he was The Hulk. I dragged him down onto the grass, he fell on top of some poppies and laughed as I helped him up.

The others laughed as nat kicked clint down there and he fell to his knees. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.

About two hours had passed and all the food and wine was gone. Tony's phone went off and he looked up at everyone and then me. Everyone knew what the text was. The car was outside waiting for me.

I stood up and hugged everyone. Once I got to bucky I wanted to kiss him but I couldn't in front of everyone and it broke my heart. The car beeped its horn as I picked up my bags from the doorstep. I waved at everyone and got into the car. The second I closed the door I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces.

The car drove away.