Part 10

It has been about a month now since you left. Bucky isn't doing so well without you m Steve has noticed this Tony let bucky and steve stay at the holiday home since HYDRA were looking for bucky. You started working as an agent instead of a counselor for agents. You've been asked out many times but turned them all down knowing bucky was the only man you ever wanted. You just got assigned a mission but Fury won't tell you who your partners were, it was a simple mission. You had to reserve a hard drive at a ball. You were getting ready.

meanwhile at the holiday home.

Bucky sat in the field where you two danced in the rain. He smiled as he closed his eyes remembering the best day of his life.

BUCKY POV

"You're missing her again?" Steve said softly, tiredly.

 If the winds howled any louder, I would have missed it. I held back a nod. Suddenly aware that I wore my emotions too blatantly. I wondered what my eyes looked like, that I was heartbroken. When I  wake up to her not being there when he walked around the tree in the field —It wasn't supposed to be like this. I wasn't supposed to feel, but one day I found myself having to sit down, the pounding ache in my chest was too much to function. Once the realization hits, the feeling never disappeared. 

 "Do you think you'll ever forget her?" steve abruptly asked.

The words cut through the otherwise calming air. Even the winds have stopped, knowing a hurricane could happen under his powerful words. I was almost grateful that he uttered these words. But instead, I  stretched his legs on the vibrant green grass and gazed into the distance. "never" I said getting up and making his way back to the house.

Steve sighed as he realized how much different I was.

Y/N POV

I was suited up, I had my bag packed. We were meeting at a small house in a field. I hoped in my car and turned on the GPS.

It was about an hour later when I arrived.No one was there yet so I say on the grass to wait. I feel the warm kiss of the sun against my cheeks it's so bright, almost blinding. I look ahead into the distance and see a beautiful meadow of vibrant colored wildflowers I smile feeling so comforted by the sight. I hear someone call my name in the distance I turn around to see who it was.

"At last we meet again"

I turn to see tony, stepping out of his suit. I felt my eyes cloud as I ran to him. He hugged me tighter than I've ever been hugged before. I started crying, id missed him so much.

"Alright kiddo no need to cry, wipe them tears" he smiled as I looked up at him. I looked behind only to see the others.

Nat, Clint, and bruce standing behind him with big smiles on their faces. I ran to them and was consumed in a group hug.

"omg! I'm so happy to see you guy" I almost broke back into tears." wait the missions, what's the plan?"I quickly got serious.

"Y/N there is no mission, we wanted to surprise you"Nat was still hugging you.

we all laughed as tony showed us to his car.

"how about we go back to the holiday home for a bit"Nat asked, I noticed she winked at tony but thought nothing of it

about an hour drive later we pulled up outside to steve standing on the deck waiting for us. I ran to hug steve, he seemed tired but excited that I was back. I second I entered the living room the first thing that came to mind was bucky. I tried shrugging it off since I thought he wasn't there since I hadn't seen him in the living room. My stuff was already in my room so I went to change out of my suite and just changed into a white t-shirt and sweatpants.

I decided to use the bathroom and forgetting to knock I walk in on bucky brushing his teeth. I stood in the doorway as he turned his head to see me smiling leaned against the door frame.

He looked shocked like he'd seen a ghost. He turned off his toothbrush and wiped his mouth then wrapped his arms around me so tight I couldn't move. He was like a big baby, I could tell he was holding back tears he let go speech less, he kept looking down the hall to see if anyone was there. I closed the door so he didn't have to hide his emotions if someone came down the hallway. 

The second I turned from closing the door he grabbed my hips and pulled me in to kiss me. It went by so fast I didn't have time to kiss him back

He stares into my eyes and hugs me close again, I'm finally home