CHAPTER ONE: THE AWAKENING

22/12/2020

9:00 AM

Monday

Jefferson, New York

I walk into a dark forest with only a flashlight as I see bodies everywhere around me. I walk a bit further in, trying to find what killed all those people. When I get really deep into the forest I see a body that looks really familiar. I look down and notice it was Calan.

"Calan" I say kneeling down

"Charlie" I hear a whisper come from my left.

I look over and see Isabel on the floor as well. Then I look around even more and see Abbey, Daniel, Kate and Josh.

I get up and look behind me to see a tall figure with a top hat on, staring at me from afar. I could only see his mouth and eyes. His mouth was in a massive smile while his eyes were glowing white.

He starts slowly walking towards me but then he starts speeding up as he gets closer.

"Well sh..." I say before he grabs me.

I jump up on my bed as I wake up from that nightmare.

I rub my eyes and look around my room and see four black figures around me.

"What the hell are you" I scream

"Your worst nightmare" One of the figures say

"Oh hey Calan" I say back

"What. No. Who's Calan" The same figure says

"And that's Josh, Daniel and Jake" I say pointing to the other figures

"God Damnit Calan" Josh says "Change your voice next time"

"How'd you guys know that's what I dreamed about" I ask

"What do you mean" Daniel replies

"I had a dream where you're all dead and there was a figure" I tell them "A black figure. You dressed exactly like him"

"We didn't know that you had a dream about that. We just wanted to scare the shit out of you" Daniel says to me

"Well doesn't matter anymore let's go to the movies" Calan says

The others walk out of the room and go downstairs to get changed.

I sit in my bed wondering how they could possibly know the dream I had. I decide to forget about it and get dressed. I get up and put on some shorts and a top. I then walk downstairs to see Calan on the couch staring at the wall.

"Calan......are you okay" I ask

Calan didn't respond.

"Calan, Charlie asked you a question" Josh said

"Huh" Calan said confused

"Charlie asked you a question" Josh repeated

"Oh yeah uhh sorry" Calan replies

"Okay" I say a little bit confused.

"Let's go watch a movie" Isabel says jumping out of nowhere

Josh jumps off the couch and lands on top of the table in fright.

"When the hell did you get here" Calan asks

"I heard you were going to the movies" Isabel says "So we decided to come and join you"

"Wait" Daniel asks "We"

Ruby, Abbey, Kate and Izzy jump out from behind the wall of the kitchen.