CHAPTER FIVE: TRUST

22/12/2020

7:15 PM

Monday

Jefferson, New York

I lie there facing the top of my tent, wide awake while the others in their tents lie fast asleep. I decide someone needs to get those supplies sooner or later so I get up, pack a bag then left. I didn't use my bike because I didn't want to wake the others.

When I get to the police station I walk inside and look for the armory.

"There it is" I say to myself as I find the armory

I walk inside and see a bunch of guns and different grenade types. I pick up two M4 Carbines, three Glock G45's, one Brno Model 2, three MP5's and ten walkie talkies.

I then grab four torches and a couple of flash grenades and clips of ammo. I then stuff all the guns into my bag and start to leave when I hear voices coming from the front entrance.

"Let's just get the stuff before the boss gets mad at us" One of them say

"I hate scavenger duty" The other replies

"Someone has to do it" The first guy says

"Does it have to be us, Simon" The other guy says

"It's better than food runs, Lachlan" Simon responds

I start moving towards the entrance and hide behind the reception desk about four metres away from the entrance. Lachlan and Simon were about to walk past the reception desk towards the armory when my phone starts going off. I answer it as quickly as possible.

"Was that yours" Simon asks Lachlan

"No it came from over there" Lachlan replies

I hear them moving towards me and decide to make a move.

"Charlie where are you" Isabel asks

I had completely forgotten I answered the phone. I then stand up, put my bag down and charge at Lachlan. Simon then jumps on top of me but I roll over and kick him in the stomach. I then see Lachlan go for his gun so I kick him in the stomach and twist his gun out of his hand. There was a loud crunch and I felt his bone snap out of place. I then point the gun at Simon but it was too late, he was already pointing his gun at me.

"Put it down" Simon says

I then start crouching down to put my gun on the floor but before it touches the ground I sweep Simon's legs and point my gun at him.

"No you" I say standing on his chest

"That was gay" Simon says on the floor

I raise his arm into the air then knee the back of his elbow so that the bone points the opposite direction.

I then pick up my phone that was on the floor and realise I never hung up.

"So what's wrong" I ask picking up my bag

"Where are you" Isabel asks

"What do you mean" I say "I'm in my tent"

"Sure you are" Isabel says sarcastically

"Fine I went to get the supplies" I respond

"And how did it go" Isabel asks cold heartedly

"It was super easy" I reply

"Then why did I hear the voices of two other men and then the sound of a gun being cocked" Isabel asks

"It was two bandits" I say walking out of the police station "But I handled it. Easily"