CHAPTER FOURTEEN: REINFORCEMENTS

23/12/2020

9:47 AM

Tuesday

New York

Josh, Izzy and I had gotten a chopper to take us back to camp while the rest of the reinforcements were on the road. It was nearly 10 when we arrived back at camp.

"Guys they're back" Jake yells as the chopper lands about one hundred metre away from camp

"Yo Jake" I say when I get to him

I then see Ruby walk out of her tent.

"Hello" I say walking up to her

"Do you guys have to be so loud" She jokes

"Oh sorry I forgot to put the chopper on silent" I reply "Where's Isabel"

As I say this Isabel walks out of her tent. I then run up to Isabel and hug her.

"Thank god" She says

"We were fine" I say

"So what happened" She asks

"We got reinforcements, I got tasered and punched by Lachlan" I say

"Oh my god" She says

"But I'm fine" I reassure her

"Well that's good" She says still hugging me

I suddenly hear something move in the bushes so I let go of Isabel and move in front of her. I then pull my gun out of my bag and hold it out in front of me. Suddenly the thing in the bush comes charging out and I see that it's the two Jerichos. I grab Isabel and jump out of the way of the monsters. It then runs past us and charges towards the others near the fire. Josh looks towards the monsters and tries to grab a torch but before he can the monster grabs him and runs back into the forest.

"JOSH" I yell before standing up and running towards where the monster ran

I keep running towards the bushes crunching and Josh's screaming. I eventually stop at the edge of an open field as I see the monsters still holding Josh but are surrounded by bandits with torches. I then feel a hand touch my shoulder so I spin around and point my gun at their head before releasing it was just Isabel.

"Jesus" I sigh in relief

"Sorry" She says

"Where are the others" I ask

"They're grabbing some supplies"

"Well the monsters and Josh are surrounded" I tell Isabel

I loom back to the field and see the monster drop Josh and run into the far side of the forest with the other monster holding each other's hands. Josh then gets lifted up by the bandits and placed into a truck.

"We need to help him" I say

"Let's wait for the others" Isabel replies

"But we don't know where we are" I say "We could lose them"

"We will have a bigger chance of saving Josh if we are together" Isabel says

"Yeah but we will have a nothing chance if we wait" I say

I turn to leave but Isabel grabs my arm and tugs me back.

"You can't do this by yourself" Isabel says

"I can try"

"And how do you think this is going to end" Isabel asks "Thi isn't a superhero movie. We can't fly and we don't have super strength"