Chapter 3

After first period, they had gym. Just before the students left the room, Ms. Ratchet reminded them of something important.

"Make sure you bring your uniforms to gym class! You will register your new school uniform and wear that to school from now on."

Luke stared at the red shirt Daniel had given him before. This must have been why he gave it to him.

Daniel interrupted his thoughts.

"Hey Luke, want to walk with us?"

Luke looked up and saw Daniel standing there with Riley holding onto his arm.

"Sure. But, if you two aren't dating, then why is she holding your arm?" Luke questioned suspiciously.

Daniel sighed. "Since she is a princess, and I am basically her servant, she can pretty much order me to do anything."

"Then marry me." Riley said jumping on the opportunity.

Daniel sighed and nodded as if he predicted it. "Anything except that." Then he turned to Riley. "Not happening."

Riley pouted as they made their way to the door.

Daniel turned and looked at Cerce, who was shuffling through her bag for her chosen uniform.

"Aren't you going to bring your girlfriend with you?"

"She is definitely NOT my girlfriend." Luke sighed. "She is just an old friend from back home."

"You were hugging before." Daniel pointed out.

"Not my girlfriend." Luke repeated.

Daniel rolled his eyes. He found that extremely hard to believe. "Whatever. Is she coming with us or not?"

Luke nodded and told them to wait for a moment. He walked over to Cerce, who was now stuffing something green into her duffle bag. She noticed Luke as he approached her and she turned to him and smiled cheerfully.

Luke almost lost himself in her smile. It had been so long since he had seen that smile of hers. He stood there for a few moments without saying anything.

Cerce tilted her head in confusion and looked at him.

"Luke?"

Luke jumped and snapped out of his trance. He quickly shook his head to regain his focus.

"Would you like to walk to the gym with us?" He asked politely.

Cerce smiled and stood up.

"Sure. But you will have to introduce me to them."

When they got back to Daniel and Riley, they were once again going back and forth.

"I was too young for it to mean anything!"

"You don't have to shout so loud." Riley said calmly.

Daniel lowered his voice. "It doesn't count."

"You always—"

Riley stopped and stared at Cerce.

"Hello," Cerce said trying to break the awkward silence between them.

Riley didn't respond.

"Hey Riley, say hello." Daniel whispered.

"No"

Daniel crossed his arms. "Riley you should make some friends. It isn't good to be all alone all the time."