Chapter 62

Daniel blocked another vine attack as he advanced onwards. He couldn't help but grin to himself. He couldn't have been more pleased with his decisions. These were the best of the best, and he couldn't have asked for a better team by his side.

Even if their opponent was the Godkid of Creation, they still had a chance. Daniel, Riley, and Curtis had been fighting together since they were kids.

ON top of the vine daggers, Jack was battling Curtis with a large battle axe. Curtis tended to have a similar battling style as Maverick. He careful calculated each blow and fought against Jack well.

This was not the same Jack that Daniel had defeated before. Jack was much stronger now that he was able to use the full extent of his power.

Daniel made his way over to Riley. Together they attacked the vines, as well as the plant creatures that spurted from the ground. Daniel slammed his hands on the ground. Giant spikes poked out of the ground, then retreated. They appeared a second time a little further out and disappeared. This pattern continued until a pulsing motion until Daniel removed his hand from the ground.

There was an opening now. Daniel grabbed Riley's hand and together they ran out of the sea of vines and plants. Daniel looked around at his comrades. Lily had just raced over to block Mrs. Liech's sword just as she was about to finish Ms. Ratchet. Next to them, Rio was charging Toby.

He looked over to Luke's group. Something was going on and he needed to help them.

"I'll be right back." Daniel said to Riley as he ran over to them to help.

Riley turned to Jack. Her grip on her scythe tightened. To cope with the extra attacker, Jack was now wielding two battle axes. He did an excellent job staying on the offensive.

Vines reached over and grabbed Riley around her waist, lifting her into the air. The yank was so forceful that Riley dropped her scythe.

Jack chuckled maniacally as she struggled. Curtis tried to reach her, but he had his own worries to deal with. Jack had completely surrounded Curtis with a sea of spikey vines, each weaving in and out until a perfect knot was formed, encasing Curtis inside of it. His blades couldn't make a dent.

Riley struggled to break free of the tightening vine. They now tightened around her entire body, only allowing her head to move freely.

A tree sprouted up from the ground under Jack's feet. It continued to grow, carrying him until he was face to face with Riley.

He sighed, combing back her hair. "It is such a shame. You could have ruled the world with me."

"Never." Riley said firmly. She turned her head away from him. "I can't believe my father trusted you."

"That was difficult when I first approached him. I finally managed to come up with a story he believed, and before I knew it we were engaged. But it was clear you never liked me. You always had your eyes on him." He said glaring over to Daniel, who was sneaking around behind a trapped Cerce.

Jack sighed and turned back to Riley. He put his hand under her chin and raised it up so their eyes met, just as Daniel once did. He grinned as he leaned in closer to her. Riley tried to break free, but she couldn't move. Jack's lips were creeping closer.

"Get away from her!" Daniel shouted. He was somehow flying through the air towards them.

"Daniel!" Riley shouted in relief.

Daniel grinned. Both of his hands were loaded with his own throwing knives. With a quick flick of his wrist, ten knives shot out at Jack. Jack quickly dodged all of the knives. He laughed as Daniel hit the ground.

"You missed." Jack mocked.

Daniel crossed his arms. "Wasn't aiming for you."

Riley grinned as she held a knife in her hand. With a weapon, she could create a jet blade and free herself. Riley fell right into Daniel's arms. She smiled delightfully and kissed him before he set her down.

The other nine knives stuck into Curtis' trap. With holes in the vines, Curtis was able to barely get free.

"Now, Godkid of Creation," Daniel said strongly. "Are you ready for round two?"

Jack slashed at Curtis, only to find it was just his light. Curtis cut behind him then backed away. Jack leaped out of the way just as Riley slammed down her scythe. Then Daniel blocked Jack's attempt to strike down Riley. Curtis appeared in front of him and started a close combat match. Curtis' ability was tricky. He was constantly delaying and speeding up his attacks, making any kind of blocking nearly impossible.

Jack rolled away from Curtis. Then he blocked Daniel's throwing stars with a thick vine and barely dodged Riley's jet blade.

Curtis managed to dislodge one of Jack's axes, but shortly after Jack slammed him in the head with the flat of the other axe. Daniel stepped up now and clashed with Jack.

In the midst of their fight, something came screeching down out of the sky. When it landed, the earth shattered from the impact. Daniel saw Rio fly down to the object and Silver stand up from the rubble.

Suddenly Jack was in a lot of pain. It seemed Mr. Wilberry was as well.

This was his chance. Daniel got in close and placed his hand on Jack's chest. Spikes went into Jack's body and out his back. Riley spun her scythe over her head. When she stopped, she wound up and aimed right for Jack's neck.