Chapter 5

Jessica wasted no time. She held out her palm and shot a cannonball out of it. Then she fired three more.

Cerce dodged every one of them, moving so fast it seemed as if her feet weren't moving.

"So you a runner huh? I don't see how that makes you so powerful." Jessica muttered. "I have defeated plenty of people like you." Jessica fired three more rounds.

Cerce dodged them all with ease. Then she made her way to the side of the gymnasium.

"Watch this one Stanley!" She called out.

Jessica watched as Cerce lifted the bleachers, just as Stanley did a few battles before.

"Wait, you can't be strong too. That is two abilities." Jessica said as Cerce threw the giant object at her.

Jessica scrambled to get out of the way while Cerce laughed.

"Go Cerce!" Luke cheered from the sidelines.

Cerce grinned. To her, it was all a show. She could defeat this girl with no trouble, in seconds. But Cerce couldn't help herself. Impressing Luke was something that she always loved to do. She loved his compliments more than anything. And his praise was something that she hadn't received in over five years.

More cannonballs followed, but Cerce didn't run away. Instead, she went straight up. Cerce was flying, another ability that she shouldn't have.

"You can't have more than one ability!" Jessica shouted in frustration.

"I only have one."

Cerce gently floated to the ground. Jessica was desperately firing cannonballs at her, but now there was some kind of force field around her. Every ball fired simply deflected off of her.

Cerce shot Luke a glance. There was a twinkle in her eyes and a grin on her face. Luke knew what it meant. She wanted him to figure it out. She wanted him to discover what her power was.

The comic book-loving kid once dormant in Luke broke free. He remembered multiple heroes and multiple villains tricking their opponents into thinking they had more powers by taking advantage of what they could normally do. For example, one of Luke's favorite heroes, Speed Star, would run so fast he created tornadoes and made it seem as though there were multiple people for the villain to fight.

Cerce must have been using a similar tactic.

"Why won't they work?" Jessica grunted.

"Hmmm." Cerce said examining the ground. "It will be the first time I try this, so it may not work well, but I think I can do Riley's move."

Riley perked up from Daniel's arm as Cerce knelt down on one knee. She placed her palm to the floor. She took a deep breath. When she exhaled, the entire gym crumbled. Literally. The floors were broken and destroyed. The initial blast and the powerful earthquake knocked everyone over.

All except for Luke. The floor underneath him was broken but he miraculously remained upright. It wasn't until he touched the ground again that he realized he had been floating in the first place. As far as his own abilities were concerned, Luke was unable to simply levitate in the air like he had.

"How is that possible?" Daniel said struggling to find a sturdy spot on the ground. "No one can use that many abilities!"

"Because she is taking advantage of her power and tricking us into thinking she has more than one."

"But what is it then?"

"There!" Cerce shouted as she shot a finger at the cannon ball. The previously fired cannon ball disintegrated at her touch, turning to mere sand.

"I've got it!" Luke exclaimed. He had a suspicion ever since Cerce began deflecting the balls, but her last two tricks confirmed his guess.

Cerce looked back at him.

"Telekinesis, and it's incredibly powerful."

"Telekinesis?" Daniel chuckled. "Luke, I have seen people with that ability. No one is strong enough to do all of that stuff."

Cerce turned. "Believe it." She muttered.

She took off to the ceiling, spinning on her way up. As she rose, everyone in the room flew up with her.

"Impossible!" Someone exclaimed. "Her ability is way too powerful,"

"Maybe it has something to do with her eyes." Luke said to Daniel.

"Her eyes?"

Luke nodded. "The irises and even her pupils have turned orange."

"Orange?" Daniel nearly shouted. "Are you sure?"

"Why is that bad?"

Cerce's hood fell as she turned around. Her irises glowed a bright orange. She looked at Luke and grinned. She wanted to be the one to tell him. She gave everyone a little salute.

"The Godkid of Manipulation, ready for action!" She smiled.

"Hey didn't you say something about that?" Luke asked Daniel. Daniel didn't move. He just stared at Cerce.

Cerce turned to her dumbstruck opponent. "And since the show is over, I guess I should finish things up here." She materialized a bow and arrow. Jessica, who seemed very surprised, took a step back.

"Godskill: Archer" she muttered in a flat voice.

Jessica tried to stop the arrow but her efforts were quickly diminished as the arrow went straight through each cannon ball. Then the arrow went right through her and the battle ended.

"That was awesome!" Luke exclaimed. It seemed Luke was the only one who wasn't too shocked to speak. "You are so cool Cerce!"

Cerce beamed. The one thing that she enjoyed more than anything was when Luke complimented her.

Luke made a fist. "I am fired up now! I want to give this battling thing a try." He grinned. "Bring it on!"