Chapter 17

The shadowed figure slammed his fist down on his desk. Mrs. Liech flinched at the sound and looked up at her master slowly.

"How is she always one step ahead of us? Damn that Kelly Ratchet."

Mrs. Liech looked at him. "I don't know. She showed up at school will the girl. It seems like they have already become close friends."

"First Stretch fails his mission, then you fail to recruit the last Godkid!"

The shadow grunted. Then he chuckled. "Well, I guess it isn't too much of a loss. We still have more plans in action as we speak. We are still ahead of her."

Mrs. Liech nodded. "Should we send someone after those five again?"

"No. We will let them go today."

"So then what would you like me to do today?"

"Gather the students that you convinced to join me. We need to strengthen our forces. I fear that we will need to act fast if our plan is to be successful."

Mrs. Liech grinned menacingly. "Yes, my beloved brother," she said darkly as she disappeared into the darkness in the room.

Alone the shadowed man crossed his fingers on the desk. Why did they have to show up now? The plan that had taken decades to fabricate was finally beginning to show progress. Yet, ever since The Sister's failed assassination attempt of the Godkid of Manipulation, who was very difficult just to find, their plans were starting to fail at all of the important parts.

The Godkid of Destruction. That was a name that the shadowed man feared. While the boy seemed a bit incompetent, he was actually very skilled in battle, despite his little control over fire. A white smile appeared in the darkness.

No matter how hard he trained, Luke Sky didn't stand a chance against someone who had honed his God ability for over 200 years.