Chapter 6 - Party at Felix's

********** Trigger Warning - Attempted Sexual Assault **********

Jo's POV

I'm holding up my skirt, looking down at Hero between my legs. A cheeky smile is spreading across his lips. His eyes are wide as he looks at me, questioning if I'm ready for this. I nod, and he reaches for the back of his t-shirt, lifting it, taking it off in one quick motion. I admire his torso wanting nothing more than to lick down his lower abdomen tracing his v-line as the smell of coffee fills my senses.

The t-shirt still has a coffee stain? ... but I washed it out! Didn't I?

I feel his hot breath between my legs as he repositions himself. The smell of coffee growing stronger. What?

My eyes fly open to find Brent sitting on my bed, an amused look on his face as he hides his smile in his coffee cup.

"What the fuck, Brent! Go away!" Pulling the covers over my head, I hide. Mortified at the thought of Brent discovering my questionable dream!

"Must have been some dream. You were drooling on your pillow!" He laughs. "I'm heading over to Felix's in an hour. Start getting ready if you want a ride with me." He downs his coffee as he leaves my room.

I had every intention of showering and doing my hair after school but somehow knocked out, and now I don't have enough time! What the hell kind of look can I pull together in an hour?

Forty-five minutes later, I'm looking in the mirror, satisfied with what I see. Highrise distressed skinny jeans and a black short-sleeved, cropped wrap-around top with string ties. Not bad for a last minute look.

My hair is in beach waves, I've added mascara to my lashes and a light pink gloss to my lips. I wonder if Hero is already at Felix's?

******

"Damn, look at you, Jojo!" Mia rushes over to greet Brent and me. She has her sleeves rolled up and is holding disposable red cups and napkins. "What are you doing, Mia?" She looks like she's been here for some time, helping Felix set up for the party. Being besties has its perks. Like right now, I can already tell she knows what I'm insinuating.

"Felix invited me over straight after school so we could hang out." She says, looking for my reaction. "So he just happened to have your number?" Somethings up here! "Umm... we actually exchanged numbers that first day we met and went out on a little coffee date already. It all happened so fast. I meant to tell you." She rushes her explanation. "Girl, ok, I ship this!" I laugh. "I'm so happy for you. He's a really sweet guy. Also, you and I are going to talk later because I need details!!!"

Wow, that happened fast! Good for them for not wasting time.

That's when I feel it... the pull. As if my body knows what to do before my brain catches on, I look towards an opening leading to the kitchen. Hero steps into view, his eyes instantly finding mine like they were already trained to do so.

"Not this again!" We both break eye contact to look over at Mercy. "Come along, you two. I need some help setting out more drinks." We both give a shy smile and follow where she's disappeared to as more people start to arrive.

When we enter the kitchen, Brent is standing by the island with his palms down, and his face is turning pink. He's blushing? As we walked in, Mercy had just pulled her hand out from under Brent's. She's standing next to Brent in the exact same position, pink colour rising to her cheeks. There's an awkward tension between us all, and the look on their faces is like they've just been caught. Caught doing what?