The Lost Blood

Chapter 15

Aghula was unconscious again, his body was still struggling to survive. Night grew dark and silent and Kaikesi decided to stay in the temple near Aghula at night. Kumbhakaran and Chandranakha went to the ashram while Vibhishan brought food and water for her mother. Maa, you haven’t eaten anything from the morning.

‘Vibhishan I want you to leave right now for Chitrakoot, find Ravula and your father and bring them home.’

‘Maa, what happened. I can see clearly that since you have heard the word Lanka, you are tensed. Please tell me what this is all about. Do you know him?,’ Vibhishan voice was now sounding impatient.

I never told you earlier nor I wanted to but it’s your right to know everything. Your father ruled the kingdom of Lanka, years ago with his wife Ilavida. He even had a son named kuber. Then he left, why , I never asked but then we met and he married me. Before your father, my father ruled Lanka, he belonged to rakshasa tribe, our kingdom was then, the home of Naga, rakshasa, yaksha and dev. We all lived together but time changes for all and so it did for us. My father whose power increased day and night and whose ego too saw no boundaries rose to an extent that he forgot his cause of existence.

 You cannot survive if you do not live in harmony with Gods, the supernatural power around us,’ Kaikesi looked in his eyes and added destruction came to him and his kingdom but I never accompanied him to patal lok. I stayed in dandkarnaya, where I met your father after years of penance and selfless devotion to Lord Vishnu. we married and moved for better life.

I never wanted that my children should suffer because of my past. I did whatever was possible for me to brought you up in a better environment, to endow you with human qualities and I am proud you all have grown up to be a better human beings. You all are son of Rishi Vaisharva, grandson of Rishi Pulatsya.’ Kaikesi looked into Vibhishan's eyes.

Vibhishan was shocked but he didn’t react and kept listening to his mother silently. Am

My senses are not at peace. I want you to move as soon as possible.

 ‘Bring your brother home safely,' Kaikesi held Vibhishan’s hand.

‘I will leave early in the morning, maa.’your concern is mine too. We cannot judge a being from his past or present, it’s their decision and choices that make them.’

 Vibhishan left for Chitrakoot early in the morning while Chandranakha and Kumbhakaran were left behind to look after their mother and their ashram.

 Mareech sailed to south of Bharata and reached near Dandkarnaya.

‘We should stay here as long as Marut join us,' suggested Mareech and directed them to set up their temporary homes and to look out for food which they could gather from the forest. Many men got engaged in making small boats that would support them to catch fish near the shore.

Mareech too went inside the forest and looked out for various places where they could hide and could stay safe from their surroundings.

He took his serpent form and crawled in the forest towards the caves near Godavari river that flowed through the forest.

As soon he neared the river, he saw young man bathing in the river. Mareech had never seen a man, tall and physically well built like him before. His voice calling out 'OM NAMAH SHIVAY,' was resonating in all the directions. Mareech crawled towards the man to  find out who he was and why he had been staying in Dandkarnaya. He hid behind a bush and waited.

Ravula who after having his food, was standing near the river looked at the vast stretches of forest all around saw his father progressing towards him.