The Journey Begins

Chapter 6

Agastya looked at the far stretched ocean that lied before him. He was still thinking of Lopamudra, his ancestors and Brahma who has asked him to pay a visit to Trikuta mountains.
‘It has been years when I left that place,'
This thought was rising deep inside his mind but he knew that his course of action has been set  by the creator himself and hence there is no turning back.
Flashes of memories flew into his mind and he remembered how he used to accompany his father to different parts of Lanka. He even remembered his visit to ‘Ahilangka,’ where he performed tapasya for long periods of time and learnt the rules of becoming a sage, a rishi and sacrificed his luxurious life that he left for his brother Vaisharva and came to Bharata. His love for asceticism rose deep inside the forest of ‘Ahilangaka', where he met a strange tribe who practiced mysticism and attained powers that were unknown to him.  Vaisharva tried to connect with them but they never allowed him inside their mysterious place and held him to the shore where he remained for few days and later travelled to Bharata. Glimpses of his past crossed his mind. He even thought of his brother whom he met in Dandak forest when he was leaving for Himalayas. It been over two decades and he has not been in contact with anyone since then. His thought shifted to Ilavida who was all alone looking after the kingdom  with her son.

As he was thinking and gazing into the distant ocean, his eyes got struck on a moving object that was flying towards him. As it came nearer, Agastya realized that it was ‘the Pushpak vimana' designed personally for Brahma. It was an excellent piece of technology that was limited to the  Gods, the immortals who  could carry them to far off places. 
It was designed with high precision and  was even driven by the thoughts of the person. Being designed for the Prajapita himself, it was comprised of a standing area that was especially marked for the driver. It had handles and steering that controlled the course of vimana. It even had a transparent screen that showcased the destination of the vimana. Behind it there was an extended part of the vimana that had two rows of seat running parallel to each other. The front portion of the vimana was seperated from the sitting area with a transparent medium that not only provided a clear look of the outside but also restricted the voice to escape from that part. The whole vimana was covered with this transparent medium that even had the capacity to transform itself according to the surrounding and helped it in hiding even while flying.
It was equipped with a series of pistons that were placed in between the two rows of seats which were used to drive the Pushpak viman manually using steam that forced the pistons to move and in turn the wings that were fixed on the either sides of that vimana. With the movement of the pistons the generation of steam took place. Which boiled the water stored in a container that formed the base of the vimana. It could even land on water easily.
Agastya was amazed after watching that viman and as it descended on the water near the shore, he climbed up and stood on the platform and looked at the screen that was showing his destination, the Trikuta mountains.
‘prajapita knows all,' he spoke to himself and as soon as he held its handle and pushed forward, the vimana rose into the air and started moving towards the kingdom of Lanka.

Far away in Bisrakh, Ravula along with his brother Kumbhakaran and Chandranakha was busy practicing swordplay.
‘you are not practicing well these days I suppose',as Ravula spoke, his sword was attacking kumbhakaran and shocked by the attack he was just managing to escape the sword by Inches.
‘I will practice hard bhai, spare me once and I will not disappoint you next time,' as he spoke Ravula turned to Chandranakha who was enjoying the show. Before she could realise anything Ravula's sword came towards her. She jumped from her place and saved herself. Controlling her legs and sword in her arms she ran towards her brother. Now it was her turn to pass the test.
‘Use your brain,' laughed kumbhakaran from behind who was now relaxing on a big stone and was watching her sister fighting with all her strength.
As Ravula tried to stop her from attacking she held a branch that was in her range and climbed on the tree. Before Ravula could sense what she was about to do, she jumped over him and  stopped him from attacking.
‘Good technique, use your surroundings and learn from nature. I am happy you are working hard,' Ravula appreciated her presence of mind and faced Kumbhakaran , ‘Where is vibhishan?

‘He is assisting pita ji on a new venture, I suppose,' replied kumbhakaran.
‘New venture,' as Ravula spoke, a voice caught their attention.
‘Pita ji want all of you to come at once to the ashram,' Vibhishan was shouting from a distance.
As soon as they reached the ashram, Vaisharva was packing his clothes. Are you leaving for some place, pitaji? Questioned Ravula.
Drenched in sweat kumbhakaran was already resting on the ground looking less interested.
Vaisharva gestured Vibhishan and he brought a bag and handed it over to Ravula, ‘bhai you have to accompany pita ji.’
Ravula looked towards his father who was now going out of the ashram to the temple where he would worship everytime before he left for far off places.
Kaikesi was standing near the temple and was carrying a small earthen plate that had roli, akshat and the sacred thread. Vaisharva after offering his prayers to Lord Shiva went to kaikesi who adorned Vaisharva's forehead with roli and tied the sacred thread in his hand. Ravula following his father progressed towards his mother and followed the tradition.
‘Pita ji where are we going?’ asked Ravula.
We are leaving for Triveni sangam where we will meet you grandfather Pulatsya, this journey will further prove enlightening for you. All you have learned these years, is nothing without the acknowledgement of your grandfather's and grandmother's blessings. The time has come we should move now.

Ravula was excited not only but was even curious to meet his grandfather who was imparting his knowledge on Vedas and puranas to the rishi and sages  near Triveni Sangam.

For many years we were wishing to visit him and finally the day had arrived. Before leaving his ashram Ravula touched his mother’s feet and took her blessings. As he started leaving the ashram-
‘Bhai your writing and compilation,' shouted Chandranakha from behind.
She came running and handed him his booklet that was having the record of all that he had worked on during these years. Ravula blessed her sister and told Vibhishan to look after them untill he returns.
‘Kumbhakaran we will have a fight after I return, keep practicing' shouted Ravula.
‘You don’t worry bhai I will take care of him,’sighed Chandranakha while Kumbhakaran came running and hugged his brothe.
‘I will miss you bhai, you taker care of yourself and look after pitaji,' exclaimed Kumbhakaran as his voice filled with emotion.
This was the first time when Ravula was setting his feet outside Bisrakh unaware of the fact that his journey will never lead him back to his birth place.
The sun was setting and far in the horizon he could see the beautiful red and purple colour that adorned the sky, the birds that flew and the  his family who was looking at him from behind.
Kaikesi held her emotions deep inside and didn’t let hear tears flow out. She knew that a day would come when he will leave. She prayed and her lips moved in silence……..O Lord have mercy on my son, show him the right path…….