Chapter Four: My Prince

You all have been asking for a new chapter (don't get me wrong, I love that) but I have been updating daily, and usually that isn't the case. So it will usually be once or twice a week. :) Thank you for all of the love for this story! I don't plan on ending it any time soon! Please enjoy the latest installment of this fanfic. :D

Vanessa POV

Vanessa was concerned about her little Black Bull rookies. They had left for a mission two days ago. And they had not returned. She looked out the window as the sun set, reddening the sky. The pink-haired witch shook her head and walked away, her hair swishing as she walked.

"Time for dinner, la!" Charmy smiled and conjured her chef sheep, letting them cook a scrumptious meal for the whole team.

"What are we having today, Charmy?" Vanessa asked, sitting down and pouring herself a glass of 'apple juice', the light liquid filling the glass, glistening as it was poured.

"My sheep are cooking up spaghetti, la!" Charmy grinned and stuffed a cherry cupcake in her mouth, leaving frosting all over her lips. Vanessa sighed and handed her a napkin.

"I'm back!" said a peppy voice. Vanessa tipped the small cool glass of 'juice' against her lips and drank it.

"Back from failing at flirting?" Luck teased, probably not getting to fight Manga enough today, so he was leeching off others.

"I didn't fail, they just-" The carmel-green haired mage was interrupted.

"Didn't like you?" Luck was grinned creepily at him, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

"They liked me plenty!" the spatial magic user retorted, scowling.

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

Luck giggled and electricity sparkled at his hands.

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Boys!" Vanessa cried, annoyed at their bout.

"We all know that Finral's not the best a flirting, and Luck is plenty good at getting on people's nerves. Now sit down at eat!"

"Aww . . ." Luck said, skipping to his seat, still smiling.

Magna took his seat, followed by Grey, Gauche, and Captain Yami. Every dug into their plates. Magna and Luck were competing to see who could eat five plates of spaghetti first, Charmy was eating serving after serving of food. Where did all of that food go anyway? Grey was under the table in her regular form, quietly eating. Gauche was eating while listening to the enchanted Marie doll tell him about the weather. When Vanessa looked down under the table, Grey squealed and covered her face. Yami had already finished eating and was back to 'the greatest battle in history.'

With all of the clamor of dishes, food silverware and fighting, it seemed like a comfortable area. But still, it felt empty without the three newest members. Zora was always doing his own thing, off somewhere to complete missions and fight with others. Henry was up in his room, trying not to take other's mana. Vanessa took the last bite of her meal, washed it down with some more juice before serving some more.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Everyone froze. Magna and Luck stopped shoving food into their mouths, Charmy put down the entire pie she was eating, Grey stopped whimpering and crawled from out of the table, and even Gauche stopped admiring his doll. They all approached the door cautiously.