Chapter 9: Training Regimen

THANK YOU FOR 100 VOTES!! :DDDD

Enjoy this new chapter!

Asta POV (finally did someone other than Noelle-)

Asta took a deep breath and pushed up.

"993!"

Sweat dripped on the floor as he once again lifted himself farther than the floor with one hand.

"994!"

Six more . .

"996!" He heard a scoff.

"You skipped a number, Bakasta" Noelle huffed, flipping her silky silver hair. Surprised, he fell flat on his face.

"Ow . . ." The short Black Bull muttered as he got up. Glancing toward the sky, he almost fell over again. Noelle was staring to the side, her cheeks flushed. She stretched out a hand, offering help. That never happened.

"If you need help, you short idiot, just ask." Asta beamed.

"So will you be my training partner?"

"EHHHHH?" The young Silva almost screeched, stepping backward.

So she doesn't?

Suddenly, Noelle started fidgeting, mumbling quietly while she played with her fingers.

Cute . . .

"Y-yeah sure Asta . . ." The water mage still seemed nervous, her pigtails slowly swaying around her in a way that got Asta stuck ina trance.

. . . did she just call me Asta?

The short Black Bull shoot it off, it must have been her pretty hair or her sparkly pink eyes.

" 'Kay! It's not that hard. First training regimen: Push ups!" Noelle had sat down, almost looking like she was curious of his training regimen.

"All you have to do is sit on my back and I'll  do one thousand push-ups," The young girl turned pink.

"I-I can't-" Asta took her hand and pulled her along. 

"Sure you can! Come on!" Noelle sighed. Rummaging around in her small bag, she pulled out a book, with a shining blue cover.

"Okay, I'll just read," she muttered.

And so the training began.

Noelle POV (I just love writing her-)

Noelle loved fairy tales. She had read abriged versions, classics, spin offs and such. But her favorite were romantic.

Yes, Noelle was a sap for romantic books. She wasn't a generally sappy person, her hard demeanor helped her hide the insecurities she had.

This specific one was a classic, a re-written version of her favorite.

The Sleeping Beauty: by Charles Perrault

The princess was kidnapped, hidden in a tower. She had be cursed by a jealous fairy, to sleep in an eternal slumber until she was kissed by her 'one true love.' The prince (her one true love) was currently fighting off vines, which Noelle understood, could be quite troublesome. The prince was almost exactly like Asta, with a goofy attitude, and a lopsided smile. The only difference was that this prince was tall, and Asta was not.

It didn't bother her much, she just thought it was rather funny.

After the vines were cut to pieces, the prince battled the fairy and stabbed her, effectively killing the evil witch.