Chapter 11: Mended Heart?

This is the last chapter for the 17th year period!

Thank you @BabyPluto__ for joining our little Astelle cult. 

M'kay I'll stop talking and let you read the latest chapter.

Asta POV

Asta dug into his spaghetti, slurping up the noodles, savoring the delicious salty tomato sauce with meat. It was delicious, like Charmy's cooking always was. He asked for a second serving, and noticed from the corner of his eye he saw Noelle picking at her food. He was about to speak to her, but she whispered something into Charmy's ear, then handed the short Black Bull her plate full of steaming spaghetti. Asta slurped up another large fork of pasta, one of the hot noodles slapping his face. Noelle stood up, pushing the chair back.

"Excuse me," she muttered, walking out of the room. The natural chaos of the Black Bulls covered up her absence, a full on war raging in between Magna and Luck, over a cup of carmel chocolate pudding, even more special than chocolate, as it was a rare flavor. Vanessa was giggling about something while Finral was trying to practice his flirting skills on her. (it wasn't working) Grey was shivering in a corner, hiding her face while Gordon tried to whisper/speak.

Concerned, as Asta of all people noticed Noelle, he tried to finish his second serving as soon as possible.

"EXCUSE ME!" Asta yelled, startling the rest of the Magic Knights.

"Shut up you little bothersome midget!" Magna groaned before continuing his battle with Luck. Asta shook it off, got out of his seat and raced toward Noelle's room. He didn't forget, however, that the women's hallways was filled with traps. Metal saws buzzed across the floor, axes swished over the empty hallway, and arrows shot through the narrow wooden passageway.

Okay, let's do this!

He took in a deep breath, and started with a running jump. Asta jumped over the silver saws, ducked under the swinging saws, and skidded underneath the volley of arrows.

'I almost died!' Asta thought worriedly as he looked back at the deadly traps. He had managed to dodge them all undetected, but sheesh that was close.

Walking forward as quietly as an Asta can, he searched for Noelle's room. Although this floor was currently quiet, he heard a muffled sound. The short Black Bull walked closer to the sound, and realized it was the sound of sobbing.

He tapped on the door with two fingers, but there was no response, the wailing continuing. Opening the door, thankfully without a squeak, he found Noelle by her dresser, clutching a hairbrush in her hand, her shoulders rising and falling as she weeped. At the sound of the door, Noelle turned around, her pink eyes full of glistening tears, like sparkling jewels. Her light blue nightgown swished around her bare feet as she swiveled around on one heel.

It wasn't fair, it really wasn't. Asta was supposed to be loyal to loving Sister Lily, but it was impossible not to love her. The adorable blush on her face when he grabbed her hand, or when she smiled or laughed, and the fact that she was still pretty when she was crying. It made him want to call it 'shedding tears' instead of 'ugly crying.' She didn't hit him, throw her hairbrush at him, or shoot him with water. She simply stood there, tears still falling down her rosy cheeks.

Her dead pink eyes made his heart break. It hurt to see her like this. He walked over to the broken girl, and embraced the delicate young teen. She didn't protest, and sobbed into his cloak.

"Asta,*hic* Am I a *hic* good person?" Asta blinked at the sudden question, and frowned. Why would she ask that? Yes, she sometimes retorted back and had an odd attitude, but Noelle was kind in her own way.

"Of course, Noelle. You save people, you're part of the Magic Knights!" The ash-blonde assured her, rubbing her back.

"Not all Magic Knight are kind people" Noelle mumbled into Asta's clothes. The short Black Bull sighed. She had a point, many of the Magic Knight were just snotty nobles blessed with amazing magic powers.

"But you are, Noelle," he whispered into her ear. The anti-magic user heard a small sniffle from the silver haired teen.

"Nozel and my siblings don't think so-" Asta grip tightened, holding the female Silva closer.

"I know you're a good person, Noelle, " The boy proclaimed firmly.

"That's all you need-"

Thank you for 130+ votes! We reached this mark at 900+ views, much sooner than the other fic! I'm so happy about all the love this story is getting, hope you all still are doing well! :)

That's it!

Just kidding. :P

Noelle POV

"I know you're a good person, Noelle,"

Noelle's heart almost burst.

He really thought that?

Even after everything she had done, the annoying attacks, sassy attitude, and he still said it.

Noelle wanted to cry, but the teen had ran out of tears.

Asta, the boy she clearly loved far too much, trusted her. It wasn't love, but hey, the water mage would take it. Her family didn't matter now, her cold sibling's remarks or the disgrace she brought. As long as she had Asta, and he cared even the smallest bit about her, then-

"That's all you need," Asta whispered into her ear. The silver-haired girl once again found tears and let them trace her wet cheeks, focusing only on his embrace and the comfort that the ash-blonde boy brought. Tired from emotion and drama, Noelle's eyelids felt heavy, and her eye's closed. She could faintly hear the rustle of blankets as Asta let go of her and laid the sheets over her, and walked out of the room.

Well I hope you like that, it was a bit sappy, but I'm not really very experienced at this literature, so I can only try my best. Two in one day again. Wow. Next chapter will be an interlude of sorts in between the 17th and 18th time arcs, so it's in terms a bonus chapter.

See ya! :)

Published: Feb 10, 2021