The New Girl

1/2

I woke up, and got up from my bed, and stood up like nothing was wrong.. Until I got a sharping pain from my tibia again. "Oww!" I totally forgot I broke that part of my leg.. Worst mistake ever.

Mom came running into my room with ice. "Baby, you ok?!?! What happened?" I looked a little confused because she came in my room so fast... With ice.

"I'm ok mom, just forgot.. What's with the ice?" Mom smiled a little and looked down at the ice, then back at me again.

"Oh, this?... Yeah the doctor said you might get unexpected sharp pains so just ice it for 15 minutes or so.. I'm going to make some breakfast, you just wash up.. You'll take a shower tonight."

Oh gee, the pains are unexpected. I hopped my way to the bathroom because it was too much work to get the crutches, and started brushing my teeth.
*5 minutes later*

I hopped back to my room with a towel wrapped around me and heard Mr. Pines talking with mom, well at least that's expected.. I went inside, and put on some clothes.

I put on a pair of green skinny jeans, (which actually look really good) a ninja turtles shirt, and my white nikes, what felt so weird was that I was only putting on one pair of my sneakers. Egh.

Ok... How do I go down the stairs? I took my crutches from outside the hall, and almost tripped trying to go down the stairs. Ok, here's how I'll do this, I took both my crutches and held them together with my left arm, and put my right hand on the rail while hopping downstairs.

"Oh, here comes the bride." Mr. Pines was singing, I couldn't help but laugh.. And almost tripping again. Mom ran to me to help me down the last three stairs.

"You don't have to rush so much, I'm taking you to school today so I could talk to the principal about you're.... Injury." I nodded and used my crutches to walk to the dinner table, breakfast was already on the table so I just sat and ate.
*15 minutes later*

"Mom hurry up, we're going to be late. I've never been late... Yet." I could hear mom sighing in her room getting dressed. "Ok, ok just let me just put on some shoes."
*about 10 minutes later*

"Here's the doctor's note, Dr. Heinz. He recommended somebody walking with my daughter from class to class." Mom handed my principal the doctor's note, and Dr. Heinz nodded at the paper.

"Mmhmm, yes, I have a great girl for you, she's new to this school. She's actually 12 years old. She's a very intelligent young lady and skipped a few grades to fortunately make her way to high school, and I know Summer will help her make great, new friends.

I smiled trying not to laugh because Dr. Heinz must really not be knowing what goes around in school... I have no friends. Dr. Heinz called a room and asked for a girl named Chloe King, about two minutes later she walked into Dr. Heinz office.

Her small, raspy, medium- pitched voice seemed so nervous. "Hi, Dr. Heinz, is there something you wanted?" She cleared her throat, and put on a small smile.

"Yes, Summer broke her tibia, and is unfortunately using crutches, she needs someone to carry her books from class to class, would you be able to do that?" Now Chloe was smiling real big, she's so cute!! I remember when I was that little.. Good times.. Good times.

Chloe took my backpack from the back of my chair. "Ready to go? Where's you're locker, and what's you're first period." Wow, she seemed prepared about this.. We went to my locker with only 3 minutes left to spare before school starts.

"So, you're combo is 30.... 14... 12?" I nodded eagerly and saw everybody staring at me. I feel a little popular.. Maybe they might have sympathy for me now..
*end of school, at Summer's locker*

"Thanks, Chloe.. For helping me today. I look forward to spending more time with you. You're a pretty cool 13 year old." Chloe nodded and laughed at my statement. "Haha,12." Oh that's embarrassing..

"Yeah, that's what I meant, 12.. I won't be here tomorrow, I gotta go to a funeral." Chloe's smile changed into a frown. "Ok, see you around, Summer."

We smiled and hugged each other. She's a pretty cool person actually, we have some things in common too. We both only live with our mom, our most favorite color is green, we both love writing, (she has her own journal too!!) and we both love skittles and the ninja turtles.

At least I have a friend now.

-Author's Note-
Hey!! Chloe King is ChandremaHossain's character!! Hope you like her!! I've gotten a lot better at not doing writer's block anymore!! (Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself.) Love you all!! Thanks so much for the great comments, and votes!!! ❤️❤️😊

P. S.
Sorry this is a short chapter!!