They what?!?

12/27

I woke up, and found myself on the couch.. What? Oh wait, I must've fell asleep from boredom yesterday after Lucas left.

I got up, and got some Raisin Bran from the cupboard. I put the cereal on the table and got milk from the fridge.

I put some cereal in my bowl, then the milk.. It would feel weird if I put milk first and then cereal. Why am I thinking that? I'm so weird.

Mom must've heard me in the kitchen because she came quietly walking down the stairs. I didn't say anything, but I knew mom was about to.

She walked into the kitchen with papers in her hand. At first I thought it was my report card or something because the way mom looked at me, she seemed disappointed.

She hugged me and started thanking God for I don't know what. She let go of me and looked into my eyes. She started tearing up. She finally started to speak.

"Summer, grammy.. And grampy, they were in a plane crash.. A few days ago. They were on their way here to surprise you but, they, couldn't."

This was a lot to take in... I couldn't believe the words she said. I denied it at first but, Mom would never be joking about this..

"Why would these people tell you this news so late?" I sort of whimpered... Which was sort of wimpy, at least that's was Victoria would say.

"They wanted to try and take grammy and grampy to the hospital to fix the problem all by themselves, but by the time they reached the hospital, it was too late."

My cereal was probably all soggy by now, but I didn't care. My grandparents died, and I didn't even get to talk to them one last time.

Before mom was tearing up, but now she's crying really hard. I wanted to cry, but I didn't want to show weakness... That's it, I can't take it.

I let go of my mom and took off running up the stairs. I walked straight into my room and closed my eyes so tight wishing this would end.

I opened my eyes, I could still hear sobbing downstairs. Man, it's not over.. I wish I could talk to someone, but nobody's here for me.

No friends, no family, nothing.. I looked in my mirror, and saw a girl with a crazy looking ponytail.

She looked hurt, tears were running down her face. And her cheeks were as red as an apple.

After looking at myself in the mirror, my stomach started to hurt. All I wanted to do was curl up in a ball on my bed.
*about fifteen minutes later*

I was under the covers, almost in sleep mode, until I heard a knock on my door. "Please go away." I mumbled, not really sure if mom heard me.

She must've not heard me because she came in and sat at the edge of my bed.

She seemed a little better now. Not that I looked at her, I just didn't hear sobs anymore. I heard sniffles now.

I finally sat up and looked at her, her hands were covering her eyes as if she didn't want me to see her cry.

I moved closer to her and took her hands down from her eyes, I looked at her, and I hugged her. It took a while for her to hug me back though.

I was the first one to speak. "Mom, I'm sorry, for being rude to you at any moment." She didn't want to talk, she just sat there, hugging me.

"It's okay baby.... ..The funeral.. It's.... It's next week.. I'm downstairs making dinner, okay?" I let go of the hug, and looked at her.

"Alright, thanks mom, and make sure no tears are in the food. It has to be edible." I smiled, she chuckled, and smiled back at me, she moved my bangs to the side that must've fell down from my ponytail.

She got up, and walked out, almost like nothing happened. Wow, I'm 14 now, I feel like I'm still 11 or something. I took a few breaths, realizing my stomach ache is gone.

That's weird. But, now that that's gone, I'm going to lay down in my bed and listen to music on my MP3 until mom comes to tell me food is ready.

Today, was the worst day of my life. Hopefully one day I'll look back on this with my kid, Lucas Jr. And my dearest husband, Lucas...

Whoa, whoa. Did I just say Lucas Jr.!????!! And husband Lucas?!?!???! I quickly got up from my day dream, my playlist was playing safe and sound by Taylor Swift.

I think, I officially like Lucas. Oh God. Help me. I sighed really hard, while smacking my head down to my pillow.