Birthday Party

12/25

I woke up, and brushed my teeth, all while thinking about Lucas. I know I shouldn't be thinking about him based on what Victoria told me but I'm just not sure, she's just taking over my head.. That's what bully's do.

After thinking about that, I took a quick shower. I was on my way back to my room with my sky blue towel wrapped around me, when I heard the door open, my mom started talking to someone, I couldn't hear clearly who it was..

" Wow, I didn't expect you to come! I thought you had a job interview?!" That was my mom, I could tell. But she never sounded so excited, was it grammy and grandpy? No, they retired from their jobs about three years ago.

"Yea, well Summer is a great girl, I thought I would love to see a smile on Summer's face. Oh and Merry Christmas!" It was Mr.Pines, I know this sounds mean but I would never smile around him, I really don't like him.. I walked into my bedroom and got ready.

I got dressed in some gray sweatpants and a white t-shirt, I stared at myself in my body mirror, my dad gave it to me for Easter, the mirror was beautiful with a white fancy border around it. I put my brunette hair with blond natural streaks in a ponytail.

After that, I decided to put on my gray sweatshirt that bolded army on the back of it. My dad was a great man,(unlike Mr.Pines) he died in Afghanistan, I was 7 years old.

I quick walked to my small closet filled with five pairs of shoes, one of them were Adidas sandals, I slipped my feet right into them, Then quickly ran downstairs. Here we go again.

"Summer!!! Happy birthday and Merry Christmas!!! Isn't it ironic your birthday is right before Christmas?!?"

I thought to myself, it really wasn't, it's not like I get more gifts, mom is always low on money around Christmas. "It sure is Mr.Pines, thank you for coming."

The most exciting thing I got for my birthday was a box of Nerds from my dad. He knows I love Nerds, I live off of Nerds.

Mom was in the kitchen making eggs, she was a great cook but dad was better. Mom handed me a plate, I got eggs and put it on my plate. I put the plate on the table then got orange juice out the fridge.

From the corner of my eye Mr.Pines was staring at mom and I, as if he was studying us for a big test about a single mother and her daughter. He is so weird.

"Summer, are you doing anything today? If not, I have a nephew who's not busy." Oh gee there's more of him. I was about to say I was "busy" but mom butted into the conversation.

"Oh Bill, how nice of you, Summer is not doing anything at all, she would love it if your nephew came!" I gave her "the eye" without her noticing.

"Great, then excuse me while I call him." Mr.Pines walked out the door. For the first time in forever, my mom talked to me." You're welcome, it's the least I can do." She doesn't know what she just did...

"Mom, I don't want him here or anybody for that fact, I just want to watch tv or something." I could tell she felt bad so I apologized and about five seconds later Mr.Pines came back in.

"Summer, I talked to my sister and she said he's on his way, by the way, my nephew said he thinks he knows you, he said you two go to the same school?" I never noticed him around the school. That's weird.

"Well it depends, what's his name?" And you'll never believe what Mr.Pines said. "His name is Lucas, he's in ninth grade, just like you!"I felt mixed emotions, one of them was I felt like I was about to throw up.
*thirty minutes later*

I heard a knock on the door, Mr.Pines and my mom were upstairs so I got up from the couch, paused my fourth series of Pretty Little Liars on Netflix, and opened the door.

Lucas was standing there with a plaid button-up shirt, dark blue jeans, and white vans. Behind his back were beautiful roses, he handed them to me. I accepted them, he might've been included in the school prank, but he's still a gentleman.

It was silent for a while, Lucas was the first to say something. "Happy birthday Summer... And Merry Christmas. I still couldn't speak, all I did was smile and gesture him to come in.

I was about to speak until Mr.Pines and my mom came downstairs, " Lucas! What a pleasure to meet you, you're uncle has told me a lot about you upstairs!" Have you ever had this feeling you're parent is embarrassing the heck out of you? I've felt it a few times..
*after that embarrassing moment*

Mom and Mr.Pines said they were going out, and would be right back, they also said not to do anything crazy, when really we should be worried about them. They were laughing their way out the door about some joke they must've discussed upstairs.

While they were out, Lucas and I just watched movies, ate popcorn, played go fish, and watched more movies! It was actually pretty fun hanging out with him.

I hope he feels the same way, and my favorite part was when I reached for the popcorn the same time he did, and our hands touched, we quickly jerked our hands away from each other and looked at each other's eyes.. Then quickly looked away. Highlight of my day!!
*an hour later*

Mom and Mr. Pines came back laughing with cotton candy in their hands, it seemed they went to the fair without us!! On my birthday to top that off!! I can't believe that. That for sure made me have mixed emotions, most of them were mad.

"Oh hey, Summer." She kissed me on the forehead, right now was one of those times I wanted to throw myself into a bottomless pit. "Lucas, your mom said she wants you back, Summer can't have you too long!"

Mom laughed to that, I didn't see the point in laughing, it wasn't that funny. I'm glad my mom is having fun but she's under Mr. Pines' spell. Another reason why I don't like him.

Lucas seemed to figure out how I felt about his uncle because I looked over to Lucas, and he mouthed the words "sorry." To respond I just nodded back.

Next thing you know mom and Mr. Pines went back upstairs while Lucas and I are throwing popcorn in the air and trying to catch it in our mouths.
*thirty minutes later*

Mr. Pines runs down the stairs with mom following, "Lucas, put on your coat and let's go. Katherine, would you be okay to ride with me to drop off Lucas?"

Obviously mom said yes, she didn't even mention me, quietly mumbling I said, "hello, right here!"But nobody heard me. Everybody was out the door by the time I was actually going to say something.

I once again went over my day and talked to myself.... myself didn't get to ask Lucas about the school prank thing, if he really did it. But I don't think so because I'm pretty sure he would apologize. See, Victoria's just taking over my head.