18

The car on the other side of the bridge rolls down their window. They play the song Hell Above by Pierce the Veil out of the window really loudly. Sola turns her head towards the car and starts to cry. She sits down on the ledge and leans her back on the lamp post. She tucks her knees into her chest and cries. As she sits there she mouths every word. When it came to the end of the song Sola shouted out the last lyrics.

“Don’t let me jump! Don’t let me fall!” She screamed up to the sky. She sat there and cried while A Match into Water started playing. Sola wiped the tears off of her face with the back of her hand. Sola then slid off of the ledge onto the sidewalk of the bridge. She fixed herself really quick. She let down her almost dry hair and she straightened out her rain soaked shorts and tank top.

She looked at the car across the bridge that was starting to roll its window back up. She looked into the girl in the cars eyes and mouths the words ‘Thank you.’ She sees the girl start to cry. Sola turns and starts to walk away but before she does the girl in the car mouths back the words ‘Stay strong.’

Sola started walking down the road of the bridge. She kept walking staying very calm. She had just been saved. Maybe there was a god and maybe he sent that girl to save her. Or maybe today she actually had a little luck. Either way she had gotten down from the ledge. She didn’t jump and she was safe for now. Now she just had to wait 4 more days and she could go to Warped Tour and maybe things would get better. It seemed unlikely but she decided she would stay optimistic and hope for the best.

At the end of the bridge she reached a small path that would lead her to her house. She turned onto this. She turned back to look for one second and the blue jeep was sitting on the side of the road still. Sola turned back around and kept walking. She wanted to get home, change out of her wet clothing, and maybe sleep. She was exhausted. She hoped she would be able to be left in peace when she got home.

She got to her house and went in the back door, making sure to be very quiet. Her dad was passed out on the couch in front of the TV like usual. Sola tiptoed over to the stairs and went up to her bedroom. When she was inside she shut the door. She took off her clothes and put on a pair of really old worn out purple and red plaid pajama shorts with a white with red straps pajama tank top. She opened a drawer on her nightstand and took her iPod and headphones out. She closed the drawer and sat down on her bed.

She put her headphones in and turned on Hell Above. She turned it up a little. While she was still listening she got under the covers of her bed and laid down. She looked at her iPod to check the time. It was about 5:40. It wasn’t too late but she had, had a long day. She rested her head on her pillow and closed her eyes. In about 5 minutes she was asleep.