24

“Sola come meet your new family.” Cassey said hearing the door open and then close. Sola walked through the front door and down a hallway into the kitchen. Sola was nervous. What if she didn’t like the new family? What if she had brothers or sisters that hated the way she dressed or thought she was a freak?

Cassey was standing in the kitchen with a huge smile. Sola entered the kitchen and turned toward the family room. There sitting in the family room was her new family. Solas face lit up. She knew she was going to love her new family already.

“Cara!” Sola said as she ran up to give her a hug.

“Well you didn’t think I was going to let my sister live with another family did you?” They both laughed as they hugged each other. Sola was soaked but Cara didn’t care. Cassey smiled at them. Sola let go of Cara and turned to Cassey.

“Thank you so much for everything.” Sola said.

“It’s my job.” Cassey smiled and Sola hugged her.

“Can we go home now?” Sola asked. Cara and her parents nodded their heads. Cassey, Norris, Ami and Ahnah followed Sola to the door. She waved good bye to them as she headed to the car. Sola had only known them for a few hours but she was going to miss them. She felt like they were already part of her family. They were part of her new life.

Sola had found the happiness and love in her new family. Just like Ahnah had told her to do. She had everything she wanted. Her life was perfect just the way it was now. No it wasn’t normal but what is normal anyway? Sounds boring to me.