Part 1: Chapter 8

Unedited

Chapter 8 :

It's only been four hours since hayes and I got into that fight. I felt like my heart has been torn out of my body, beaten to a pulp and then smashed back into my body.

Amanda texted me right when Hayes left and she asked if we wanted to hang out. I told her to fuck off and she was a terrible friend in reply.

Tyler came over with Kayla and they still are here, watching She's the Man with me and pushing the mini tubs of ice cream towards me, every time I finished one. I was actually really hungry since I threw my lunch away in the trash. My stomach finally caught up and started to growl uncontrollably and I ended up eating 3 mini tubs of ice cream so far.

Tyler and Kayla still think that the main reason I'm sad is because Amanda back stabbed me, but they don't know how Hayes used me to get to Amanda and I should mention it to them.

Right in the middle of the movie, Kayla paused it and stood up from the couch. "I think you had enough ice cream." She says and takes the tub away from me.

"Hey!" I whine.

"Come one get up!" She rolls her eyes and grips my wrist. She hauls me up to my feet and Tyler stands up.

"We should do something about this." Tyler says gesturing to me.

"What should we do?" Kayla asks.

"I don't know." Tyler shrugs.

"I'm right here." I say and plop myself back on the couch.

"Maybe we should call hayes over." Kayla suggests, completely ignoring my comment.

"No. Don't call him." I cross my arms over my chest and put my legs in a cris cross position.

Both Kayla and Tyler snap their heads towards me at the same time and ask in sync, "why?"

"Amanda isn't the only reason why I'm so sad. You see, I just found out my feelings toward hayes and I told Amanda. But during lunch Tyler said that he saw them holding hands so that means Amanda backstabbed me again. What I also realized is that hayes was only hanging out with me to get to Amanda. He was using me." All the images of the memories hayes and I had popped into my head. It made me even more upset to think about it.

"You like hayes?" Tyler and Kayla ask in sync once again.

"Yeah." I nod my head and face my body towards the opposite direction and lie down.

"I can't believe hayes did that. I can't even imagine him doing something so cruel. It doesn't sound like him." Tyler shakes his head.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Hayes wouldn't do something so shallow like that. I mean think of it, the only shallow thing he does is tease you in a friendly way. Get my drift?" Tyler replies and sits down next to me.

"So what are you getting at?" I ask.

"Maybe he just wanted to get your approval of dating Amanda since you kind of did hate him in the first place." Tyler points out. "Either that, or he just felt like getting to know you better since he thought that maybe if Amanda said yes to him, he would probably figure that he would hang out with you more."

The realization hit me. Tyler is right, hayes wouldn't do something that shallow. I felt so guilty just assuming that about him. Hayes must be so upset that I thought that about him. "I feel like a terrible friend." I say and cover my face.

"You're not a terrible friend." Tyler says and takes my hands off of my face.

"I gave him the silent treatment and slammed the door in his face and said that he used me to get to Amanda and he walked away." I say.