013. your different

"has she been acting weird lately?" michael questioned. "kinda?" vinnie said. "is she on talking to someone else?"

"i hope not" vinnie sighed. "vinnie, i need mroe specific answers. your being blunt and its not helping" michael groaned. "shes acting like she did when we first met" he stated. "and.." michael groaned.

"shes acting shy again. its like, she keeps putting herself before me and thats not what i wanted. i dont know... she just seems upset but i have zero clue why" he explained. "did something happen between the two of you?" he asked. "no, i thought we were going good after she picked me up from the hospital. now it just feels awkward"

"maybe shes just scared" michael shrugged. "why would she be scared?" "i dont know, maybe of getting her heart broken again"

"yeah but i wouldnt break up with her again. i didnt even want to do it the first time, it just kinda happened" "she just doesnt seem happy like she used to be, like when i first met her. she doesnt even seem like shes taking care of herself anymore. see thats something i could literally kill her for. i love her but, she puts everyone before herself and she doesnt even notice thats its literally killing her. she can say shes fine but shes not and you'd have to be blind not to see it" he ranted.

"well i think, you should go over and check on her again. talk to her about everything you just told me" "she hates confrontation" "think of it as more of an... intervention" "i dont wanna push her to do something that shes not comfortable talking about yet" "then just be there for her, show her that shes not alone i guess"

vinnie nodded, watching michael walk out of his room before he followed and walked into the kitchen. he grabbed his keys and went out to his car, starting to drive to the girls' house.

•••

as vinnie drove, lennon sat in the passengers seat, scrolling through her phone. "your being too quiet, i dont like it" vinnie said. "no, im just thinking" she looked up at him. "what're you thinking about?"

"things" she said as vinnie shook his head. "i see how it is" he nodded as she laughed. as silence fell over the two, neither knowing what to say at the moment.

"hey vinnie?" lennon asked softly. "hm?" he hummed. "i have a question" she said nervously. "shoot"

"you know, you have 6 million people who literally fall to their knees at the sight of you. they would give up everything for you. you could do so much better at this point. im just a sad, charity case who has daddy issues. so out of all these stunning girls, you chose me. why?" lennon questioned. "len, your a lot more than that okay? i dont think of you as a charity case or some random girl who has daddy issues. you are someone who i can actually trust" he started.

"your different.. you werent 'falling to your knees' or willing to give up everything for me. i liked that. you didnt care about the fame or anything and your opinion never changed, even when you found out about my tiktok and shit. you just liked me for me, thats why i chose you" he said, glancing at her before softly kissing her lips. "i kinda did fall to my knees when we first met" she shrugged as vinnie laughed.

"but that was mutual so"

(🦋)
grace rambles ~
ideas for the next chapter?
chapter 15 is gonna be kinda
sad but anyways