Chapter 24: Welcome

Luke nervously sat in front of Noah and Finesse, who were inspecting every inch of his body from head to toe.

They have been acting like that since earlier and Luke can't take it anymore so he decided to speak.

"Uh, are you done looking at me now? It is quite uncomfortable."

Noah glared at Luke and crossed his arms. He then spoke in a cold voice

"So, hero of Hak Village and Ceb City. Can you please explain the contents of your vacation? Hmm?"

"Uh.... Ok?"

Luke then started to explain what he's done in the past months.

Of course, he didn't mention Nash, Plankton, the magic containers, the mysterious voice, or the mana stones. It'll be troublesome to explain any further if he did and it'll also make him suspicious as hell.

He tried to exclude those details as much as he could. And thankfully, it worked out.

Every time he mentioned himself fainting and coughing blood, Noah always glared at him while Finesse looks like she's going to cry, which made Noah glare at him even more.

While explaining further, Luke then heard Nash's voice in his head.

•Looking back, all of your actions are so sacrificial and stupid. Don't do it again.

Luke frowned at his statement but let it go since he can't afford Nash to get mad.

After telling them the stuff that happened, the room went awfully quiet. It was quiet for a long while but then Noah broke the silence.

"Do you want to be a hero so bad that you must let yourself cough blood and faint?"

Luke's face becomes serious and talked in a serious voice. He doesn't like what Noah just said.

"Absolutely, no. I have no plans to do those kinds of things again."

'Hell no, I'll hide myself on the land I'll choose and live there peacefully. And besides, even with the God of Light's blessing, I still feel a bit of pain. And the pain I felt while coughing blood is excruciating.'

Finesse looked at the tired and pale face of Luke in front of her. He looked like he's been through a lot. She then frowned and thought.

'Sister, no, Brother is really a good person. I could tell that what he went through this past few months are tough.'

Finesse looked at Luke with a sad and admirable expression on her face. She then heard Noah's sigh beside her which also caught Luke's intention.

Noah then took out some documents and threw them to the table. Luke stared at the document for a while and grabbed it from the table. He then heard Noah explaining what are the papers for.

"Fill those papers up and sign the rest."

"Oh, so these are the papers?"

The papers. The papers that'll make him officially a Viscellete and a noble. Luke really didn't like the idea of being a noble but since he doesn't want to work anymore, he got no choice.

And besides, being part of a rich and powerful family is really something Luke wanted. It's the first step towards being a rich unemployed laid back life.

"Yes, fill those up and I'll pass it to the administration. I just need the Royal family's approval here and there and after that, you'll be a part of the Viscellete family. Officially."

Luke stared at the papers for a while before smiling.

'So, I'll be part of a family now huh? In my past world, I could not even imagine having a family, let alone dreaming of it.'