Chapter 112: Start of War(6)

"Let's get going."

Nash and Liam nodded and followed Luke outside the territory mansion. When they emerged, they discovered a butler in his 30s and the rest of the troops waiting for them outside. After that, the butler bowed to Luke and handed him the reins of a white horse. The horse, like the others, was fully armored.

Luke nodded and mounted his horse, while Liam followed suit and mounted his black horse. After that, Luke and Liam rode their horses to the front of the long line of troops, who looked at them with hope and admiration. As soon as Luke and Liam were seated in the front row, Luke raised his hand and spoke calmly but seriously.

"Let us push forth and defend our home,"

The soldiers tightened their reins and began to move their horses in pursuit of Luke, who was riding his horse peacefully in front. They were relieved and confident at the same time when they saw their calm and confident commander. They've seen what he and his squad are capable of, and they believe they can win this.

The soldiers were finally allowed to leave the territory mansion and were greeted by residents of the Viscellete territory who were waiting for them on the side of the road. They were all silent; it would have been strange if someone had been laughing in this situation. As they pass by their horses, the villagers discreetly weep and pray for their commander and soldiers.

Luke and his soldiers had finally made it beyond the territory walls' gates and were now outside. When they got outside, they saw more legions of soldiers awaiting them, with Spencer and Yulia leading the charge. When Luke arrived at their place, he dismounted and turned to face forward. They were greeted with large and empty plains, and at the end of those plains were...

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

At the edge of the plains, Luke could see a vast army flying the Regle Alliance Flag. Adam and the wizards were on the back of the Regle Alliance's army, all dressed up with robes, and their soldiers were wearing armors with the protection of mana stones.

Numerous mages, including one of the highest class, as well as a large number of soldiers wearing superior armor and weaponry, versus an army of knights and soldiers wearing armor reinforced by highest grade mana stones. At this point, it's obvious who will win.

Adam appears to have noticed this as well, as he laughed out loud with his magically enhanced voice.

"HAHAHA! Is that all you've got?! And here they were describing you as a mighty hero! You have the appearance of a withered stick! Is the Reece Kingdom even paying attention to this conflict?! What a bunch of knuckleheads!"

The Regle Alliance began to laugh aloud. At this point, the soldiers on Luke's side began to feel apprehensive and uneasy. Their forces are too weak, no matter how they look at it. Even if they had the most powerful hero on their side, he won't be able to handle such a large number of foes on his own. From frustration, the troops all looked down and grasped their weapons.

"Have you had your fill of laughing?"

When Luke's bored magnified voice was heard on both sides of the plains, everyone flinched. Adam scowled as he stared at Luke, surprised.

"HA! Are you attempting to appear brave by acting calm? You will all lose, no matter what you do! This is intended to be our victory!"

"Who said I was acting?"

Adam came to a halt and peered at Luke's serene face, puzzled. Luke then continued to speak.

"You weren't the only ones who prepared for this battle, you know?"

"W-what-?"

A bright light appeared in the center of the plains before Adam could even say anything. Because the light was so blinding, Adam and the troops all closed their eyes. They felt as if they might become blind if they didn't close their eyes a second later.