Chapter 68: Hero(5)

"It's been three days already."

"Don't they know the definition of rest?"

"Shh! Bad! They are working day and night for us and you're just going to talk bad about them?"

The two soldiers sighed. They are currently patrolling around the area for security. In the past three days, the priests that came to the Gron kingdom have been working nonstop, which made even their cold king worried. They then suddenly remembered how worried the king was when he saw the golden priest's black eye bags.

'F-friend, why don't you rest? You look tired.'

The priest just smiled gently at him.

'No, I must hurry. And I don't feel tired at all.'

'F-friend....'

The soldiers sighed after remembering that scene. The golden-haired priest worked so hard for them that even his fellow priests were worried about him.

"Thank you very much!"

The guards looked at where they came from and saw the priests walking out of the house. The guard then spoke in shock.

"That's fast."

The soldier nodded.

"Hmm, every time they go house to house, their process of healing becomes a lot faster."

"Seriously, they don't have to go that far for us."

The soldier beside him smacked his head.

"Idiot! If they weren't here, then we'd still all be bedridden! Just be thankful!"

The guard rubbed his head with a pout. He then looked into the golden-haired priest's arms.

"I heard that it wasn't a disease but withered souls."

"That's right, and the priest is doing everything he can to absorb it all."

"Such a pure-hearted man. Those kinds of people are hard to come by these days. "

"You are right."

The soldiers looked at Luke, who looked like he hadn't slept for days, with admiration. Luke was so tired that he couldn't even notice the stares of the soldiers. Actually, he wasn't that tired because of the God of Light's blessing, but he was tired mentally. The reason?

"Brother Luke, you should rest now."

"Hey, you are pushing yourself too hard."

"I can handle the rest."

"Brother, you should eat."

· Dad! You haven't even slept for three days! Sleep!

Luke sighed. He then turned around to his group with a frown. They bother him all hours of the day and night because he can't concentrate.

"Look, I am fine. And there are only a few houses left. After this, we can finally go home."

They all frowned and looked at Luke's condition. He looked so beat up. He now has black eye bags and his skin is paler than before. He also used two arms to absorb withered souls instead of one arm. Both of his arms were pitch black. Liam looked at this with cold eyes.

"Brother, I think you should stop now."

"Haaa, fine! Just one more house."

"Haaa!"

The group sighed in frustration, but Luke ignored them and went inside the next house. Luke was then about to touch the patient, but...

Drip, drip