Chapter 104: Gamble(1)

What could be better than fucking up an entire kingdom in a single night?

Fucking up two kingdoms in one night is the answer.

Luke, Selena, and Liam are currently riding through the wintry streets of Ayleth in a hired carriage. Lina isn't feeling well, and Spencer wants to go home, so the three of them were the only ones left.

They are now on their way to the location that has made Ayleth a popular tourist destination. The spot when you most needed luck.

The carriage finally came to a halt, and Luke and his companions descended. They immediately turned their attention to a magnificent palace-like structure with dazzling lights and golden pillars.

Selena stared at the structure in front of her, her eyes wide.

"The... Casino?"

Luke responded calmly, pulling out a set of suits for both genders and passing one to Selena, who is still trying to understand everything.

"That's right. Now put that on and follow me inside."

"Wait, when you say you needed me for something, do you mean this? Do you require my assistance with gambling? But don't you already have a lot of money?!"

Luke took off his suit and smiled as he glanced at Selena.

"We're not in it for the money. We're playing for sake of children."

Luke's declaration brought the entire gang to a halt. Selena was deafeningly quiet for a little minute before her eyes began to tremble.

"H-hey... Don't tell me there are people in there gambling children?"

"How come you're surprised? Today's world is a terrible mess."

After that, Luke finished putting on his luxurious attire and donned a posh black mask. He then smiled as he passed Selena the golden mask he had made.

"So, do you want to go in or not?"

Selena paused for a while, her gaze falling on the costume and mask in her hands. She had no idea there would come a time when she would have to use her gambling abilities for such things. She then sneered at Luke, who was waiting for her response.

"Is that even a question?"

"All right, let's go."

"Today, I'm going to sweep the entire casino floor."

Luke noticed Selena's smug smirk growing on her lips. He then gave a satisfied nod and followed Selena into the casino.

When Luke, Liam, and Selena walked into the casino, they were greeted by a cacophony of sounds: people enjoying the games, people shouting for multiple reasons, and some even fighting and being escorted by the guards. Selena smirked.

"It's a lot louder than I expected."

"This is the most popular gambling establishment, and people come here 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so what do you expect? But don't worry; this is only the regular visitor's floor. The venue for our performance will be on the upper floor. It's much more silent in there."

"The top floor? Aren't those floors for VIPs? Can we even get in?"

Luke smirked and reached into his pocket for a golden token. There are two golden tokens, one for each of them. Selena stared at Luke's precious token with her mouth agape. She can't believe what she's seeing.

'Those tokens are extremely expensive! It's hard enough to earn one token, but he has two?!'

Luke smiled mischievously as if he sensed what was on her mind.