Chapter 169: Reunion(2)

Erdene glared at the man. His face was flushed from rage, and veins began to protrude from his forehead. He was about to charge into the crowd of people but thankfully Liam and the others intervened. Luke just stared nervously at Erdene.

"Grandpa, what's wrong? Why are you suddenly acting like that?"

"Wrong? What's wrong?! Didn't you hear that?! They just said my name wrong! Those obnoxious scumbags!"

Snow looked at Erdene with concern and began to look around her. She then notices that a lot of people are staring at them; they are gaining attention as a result of the uproar Erdene is causing.

"Grandpa! Please keep it to a minimum! Many people are staring at us!"

Erdene scowled even more.

"I don't care! Let me poke their eyes out! How dare they still get my name wrong after all these years! This is the sole reason why I left!"

Luke returned his attention to Erdene after surveying the stares they were receiving.

"Shh! We get it, grandpa, you are upset but could you please tone it down? We can't risk drawing attention to ourselves!"

Erdene gritted his teeth and panted heavily. Erdene finally calmed down after a few short but heavy breaths and the group that had been bowing and worshipping earlier had also finished and began to walk away. Luke just sighed as he looked at this.

"Even though the Eastern continent appears to be advanced, it appears that some things will not change no matter how far they advance, such as how they continue to worship Sprits in this manner."

Liam sighed and nodded.

"You are correct about that brother. Everything is so strange and new here; I want to get back home as soon as possible."

Luke and Snow exchanged nods.

"I agree with you."

"So let's get going and get Klein to his wife and daughter."

Klein regarded this with hesitancy.

"I'm getting nervous now; I can't believe I'm going to meet them so soon."

Liam reassured Klein with a smile and a pat on the back.

"Don't be nervous; you worked hard to get this far for them. You deserve to see them."

"Thank you. Liam."

Klein seemed to have calmed down after Liam smiled. Luke looked at this with a slightly surprised expression. As expected, with Liam's calm and kind aura, anyone would calm down after talking to him.

"Uncle Liam is as gentle as an angel."

Luke looked at Snow, who was staring at Liam in awe. Luke simply sighed and patted her on the head.

"What do you expect? This is Liam we are talking about."

'He is literally the novel's second main character; it is understandable that he has the charisma of the main character.'

"Now, now, enough wasting time, let's go."

Luke nodded to Erdene as he began to speak and walk away. The others noticed this and began to trail behind them as they looked around the Eastern Continent.

The architecture on the Eastern continent is similar to that of the early twentieth century, and the people walking down the street wear fashionable clothes that are not commonly seen on the Western continent. The carriages are very vintage-styled, giving Luke the impression that he has truly time-traveled to the early twentieth century- but, of course, he must not forget that magic still exists in this world, so he should not be surprised to see potion shops or mage performers on the streets.