Chapter 116: Start of War(10)

Luke was taken aback by the scene in front of him. Snow and the teen had been battling for a long time, and neither of them seemed to be giving up. But something isn't quite right...

Luke was concerned as he looked towards the direction of Snow. Snow begins to shiver, and blood begins to run from her nose. He then heard Nash's agitated voice.

• Dad! Snow is freezing!

Luke's expression hardened when he heard those remarks. So that's what the boy meant when he claimed Snow wouldn't be able to use her abilities without him.

Snow's power is harming her body as well.

Luke's brow furrowed and he began to activate his aura.

"Take care of Snow, Nash."

• Got it!

Nash flew straight to Snow and began casting temperature magic on her. He then began to wait for the results but scowled when he noticed Snow was still freezing.

"What the-! Why?!"

Snow then slowly spoke while shaking.

"M-magic isn't effective on me... I... I require natural heat..."

Nash had a troubled expression on his face as he stared at Snow. He then turned his gaze to his paws and then to Snow. He didn't have time to consider, so he ran up to her and hugged her.

"Here! Have a hug! My fur is thick and fluffy, and also warm! I'll make you feel better! I promise!"

Snow came to a complete halt before hugging Nash's soft and warm body back. She felt warm and safe, even if it wasn't enough for her. Nash's tail begins to wag in response to her actions.

"Are you feeling better now?"

Snow remained silent and only nodded. Nash flashed a proud smile and spoke enthusiastically.

"I told you I'd keep you warm!"

"Yes, yes. Thank you."

The teen looked at the sight of Snow hugging air in front of him. He couldn't see or feel Nash, so he assumed Snow had gone insane.

"Heh, take a look at this bitch. She's gone insane!"

"Heh, look at this son of a bitch, he's going to be impaled."

Slash!

The teenager came to a halt and looked at his stomach. He then saw a blade with a purple aura being stabbed through his stomach from his back. He spun his head around to see Luke's cold and threatening eyes looking at him as blood began to flow from his mouth. The teen's eyes widened.

"Y-you! You're insane! How did you get through my heat?!"

The teenager then turned his gaze to Luke's rapidly scorching clothing and flesh. Luke also appeared to have struggled to get close to him, as he can see rivers of blood pouring from his mouth, nose, and ears. His wings were the only thing that had kept him safe all this time.

Luke smirked as he observed the boy's reaction.

"I've gone through a lot worse heat than this, you brat. Don't take me for granted."

Now that Luke has given it some thought. The heat he had to endure to obtain the phoenixes' power was far greater than what this kid is generating. Of course, this isn't to say that this kid's heat is a joke. Luke could feel his body getting numb and melting because it was so hot. Luke sighed, realizing that he'd gone through a lot and that he needed to rest.

Luke could feel the heat getting to him the longer he stayed close to the boy, so he moved and sliced the boy's stomach. Luke then took a step back to allow himself to breathe properly and move away from the heat. He then turned to face the youngster, who was screaming and clutching his bleeding stomach.