Thirteen- I Don't Believe in Luck

TW guns

Bang.

Gerard's hands shook. He lowered his gun as Ray dragged him back and drew his own gun. Pete crumpled to the floor in pain. Unfortunately, Gerard had only shot him in the leg, but it was enough to free Bert.

"Drop your weapons!" The two FBI agents from earlier appeared. Their guns were pointed at Ray, who put his gun down and raised his hands.

Bert was still on the floor, trying to push himself up. The FBI agents handcuffed both Ray and Pete, who still had his gun out.

"Where'd yours go?" Frank whispered to Gerard, who was a shaking ball of fear next to him in the hospital bed.

"Under the bed," Gerard whispered back. "I'm scared, Frankie, I don't wanna die..."

"I know, angel, I know. You won't. There's security cameras in here, Pete drew his gun first...fuck, he's working for Jansen."

Gerard whimpered.

The agents stepped into the room. Two nurses whisked Bert away in a wheelchair.

"What happened here?" one of them asked.

Gerard buried his face under Frank's arm and whimpered. His whole body was shaking.

"This is the boyfriend I told you about. His ex is a fucking psychopath. One of the men you just arrested works for him. I thought..." Frank's voice was sad. "I thought he was my friend."

"What's this ex called? And the man we arrested?"

"Jamie Jansen. And Pete Wentz is the one who drew his gun first. Ray Toro is the other one, he's one of my best friends and if he shot him, it would be out of defense."

"The man was already shot, Mr. Iero."

"I know. It was defense."

"Self defense?"

"Look." Frank was agitated now. "If you look at the security cameras, you can see that Wentz pulled a gun first and held it to my best friend's head. He was going to shoot him, but we got to him first."

"You're on thin ice." The agents left the room.

"Frank?" Gerard looked up. "Am I going to die?"

"Absolutely not, lovely. As soon as we get out of here I am tracking him down myself and putting a bullet in his forehead. He won't survive that one."

"Frank, I don't think- I don't think my family is safe."

"Text them. Make sure they're okay. Give them my address and meet them there."

"What? Are you sure?"

"A hundred percent sure. If any of your family got hurt because I couldn't offer them protection, I would never forgive myself."

Gerard hugged Frank tightly around the neck and muttered, "I love you," against his neck.

"I love you too." Frank squeezed his cheeks and kissed him. "Wait here until Ray or Bert is okay to take you home. If they aren't, I'll call someone, okay?"

Gerard nodded. He texted his parents, who both responded immediately, and Mikey, who informed him that he had woken him up. He sent them Frank's address.

"I'm gonna call someone," Frank said. He picked up his phone, wincing in pain, and dialed a number.

Gerard kissed Frank goodbye, then waited outside for someone named Awsten to pick him up. Frank had shown him a picture beforehand so he knew what he looked like.