10: Percy Jackson Tells His Life Story

"Get back here," Jocelyn commanded. Percy forcefully jolted to a stop and groaned. "You've got to be kidding me. I didn't know you could do that! But I am dead! I am done fighting monsters! It's your guys turn!"

"We don't want you to fight monsters," I said.

"Yeah, right," Percy snorted.

"No, we just want to talk," Jay argued.

"To talk," Percy clarified skeptically.

"That's it," Alyssa said. He frowned. "So you summoned me just to talk to me. For goodness sake, remind me to tell Hades thank you for not having more kids."

"This is serious Percy."

"Then you chose the wrong person to talk to."

"Okay, let me explain," Roxanne said in a threatening tone. "You will talk to us, or else you will never be able to go back to the afterlife and see your precious friends and family again."

"And I see you have a Clarisse," Percy said at the same time Jocelyn laughed, "That's my girl."

"Great. I've talked to you, can I go now?" Percy asked.

"I like him," Soma said from the floor with a mouth full of jellybeans. Percy looked over and seemed to notice the jellybeans. "Are those blue jellybeans?"

"Yes they are, in fact," Beth put in. "But you can't have any unless you tell these kids what they need."

Percy hesitated. "Okay fine. If you just want to talk, there's no harm in that."

"Great. Tell us your life story," Jackson prompted.

"It's more to it than that," I added after seeing Percy's baffled expression. "A few days ago I found out that Luke was actually working with Kronos. We had never realized that before, we had always thought he had been a hero. I realize that, in the end, he still was a hero, but that made us think what else we had been believing wrong our whole lives."

"Chiron didn't correct you?" Percy asked.

I hesitated. "Chiron has been... different than I think you knew him Percy. He mostly keeps to himself and he gets tired a lot. He and Argus do good running the camp, and the nymphs and satyrs help a little, but it's mostly the halfbloods helping each other, because they just can't keep up."

"Also they all vanished now," Tony reminded us. "And we have a quest that hopefully will bring them back but we aren't sure. We have to make a list of all the things the stories need corrected, and then we have to go to the underworld to defeat someone evil that we don't even know who yet and only the determined can save us. Also we don't know who the determined is." Tony took shaking breaths. "Sorry, I'm nervous."

Percy winced. "Sorry. If it makes you feel any better, I've been on lots of quests too and I survived."

"But you're Percy Jackson," Jackson said. "And I'm just Jackson, who is literally useless." Jackson stiffened as he said that, then pressed his mouth into a firm line. "I'm nobody." He shoved his hands into his pockets and walked off. I called after him, and debated following him, but let him be.

"Well, you have to have someone," Percy offered.

"We had to go find a daughter of Hades," Roxanne scoffed. "None of the rest of us have any amazing powers, except Soma and Tony, but we don't even know what Tony does."

"I'm unclaimed," Tony explained. "No one knows who my godly parent is."

Percy got angry all of a sudden. "The one thing I ask, and they can't even do that."