2: Campers Yell About Prophecies

It's probably not a fun thing to wake up to a large group of teenagers screaming your name at the top of their lungs.

As it was, Grace was pretty annoyed when she woke up, but she was such a quiet person that most people probably couldn't tell. Once we were able to tell her what happened, she immediately understood.

"Prophecy," she muttered, immediately rummaging through a stack of papers, and glancing at a wall that was covered in paintings from years ago. "Prophecy, prophecy, prophecy." Grace herself didn't paint, she was a writer, and she had one of those extremely old typewriters that she typed at for a lot of the day. I had read some of her stories and they were pretty good, and one of the Hephaestus kids rigged it up so it could type in Greek as well as English for the dyslexia kids.

"Tell me what happened again?" Grace called.

I explained again that Hermes had come, Chiron had said that he would leave, and then he and Argus both vanished, and Chiron had mouthed to me "Grace".

"He must have been thinking about a prophecy," Grace said, searching through the papers more vigorously. "Chiron leaves, Chiron disappears, centaur leaves, centaur disappears," she turned back to me, blue eyes desperate. "Was there anything else? Right before or right after?"

I hesitated, then opened my mouth. "Earlier Chiron said something about Luke helping Kronos. He was about to tell me more right before Hermes arrived. I don't know if that has anything to do with him disappearing though."

Grace looked surprised at that, but kept on muttering phrases to herself. "Daughter of Athena doesn't know, daughter of Athena needs a question answered, Athena's child doesn't know, Athena's child has a question- oh. Hold on that rang a bell. It was 'question by Athena's child' or something."

"Wait, I'm in the prophecy?" I asked. "Who else?" Someone ran up to me, and I turned to see Alyssa.

"Sorry it took me so long. Have we figured out what the prophecy means?"

"We haven't even found out which one it is," I told her.

"I think I know. Let me find it," Grace said, then ran over to another shelf, rummaging through some more stuff. She grabbed a paper, scanning over it. "I think this is it."

"Is it bad?" I asked nervously.

"No, it's just vague," Grace responded. She cleared her throat to begin speaking, but Alyssa poked her head out of the cave and screamed. I turned with a little laugh. Alyssa just smiled innocently as the sound from outside quieted. "Hey everyone listen up! Grace got the prophecy!"

Grace glanced at me then walked out of the cave into the sun. I followed, pushing aside the purple curtain. I sat on the ground along with a bunch of other campers as Grace began speaking.

"The day Chiron leaves of his own accord,

A price demanded one cannot afford

A question burning in Athena's child

A list of info to be compiled

Truth about legends, heroes, and their fate

Underworld fight against rivers and hate"

Grace looked at me, her poofy blonde hair bobbing. I blinked. The prophecy was about me. My brain started to try to figure out what the lines meant, but I was so distracted by everything else that had happened today and the fact that I was in a prophecy that I shoved it to the side, and immediately called for a head counselors meeting, and started assigning sons and daughters of Hermes to go spread the word.