15: Now We (Sorta) Know What's Happening

I tapped my fingers restlessly on the bars of the cage, tired of waiting and doing nothing.

"What are we gonna do?" Jackson asked hopelessly. I glanced down at him. He was sitting with his head leaning against the bars of the cage. I sighed. "I don't know. Just hope that the others will be able to make it back to camp so that they can warn everyone. There's still a chance that we can stop Styx."

"Yeah," Jackson said, letting out a breath. I knew he didn't believe me, but I didn't think anything I could say would help.

I sat down next to Jackson. "I know this may not be the best time, but thank you for being my friend Jackson."

Jackson gave me one of his signature grins, but it was tinged with sadness. "No, thank you. You've helped me a lot."

"Well, I like to help people," I responded with a smile. Then I shot up as I heard the clicking of heels on stone.

"Hey guys," Soma said. We glared daggers at her, and she put her hands up. "Come on, you still hate me? Whatever." She plopped back down onto that beanbag chair, and grabbed a remote from thin air.

She clicked a few buttons and a large flatscreen tv appeared, and turned on to a scene of the strawberry fields at Camp Halfblood.

"No," Soma muttered, clicking another button, then the screen showed the amphitheater, which currently only had a few people who were chatting brightly. But that was when I realized what this was.

"You set up cameras at Camp Halfblood?" I asked, eyes wide.

"Yeah," Soma answered, not taking her eyes off the screen as she switched locations a few more times. "No, no, not here either. Okay, looks like they haven't got back yet." She swiveled to look at us. "Do you guys want some popcorn?"

"No!" Jackson and I yelled at the same time.

"Geez, you could at least say, 'No thank you'," Soma huffed. "But suit yourselves, I'll be right back."

We were left alone again. I looked up at the screen, which was currently showing an image of a large part of camp. "I think this is the view from the top of the big house," I thought aloud.

"No one knows what's at stake yet," Jackson said wistfully. "Enjoy it," he breathed.

I frowned as I saw small figures appear seemingly out of nowhere. "That's them," I gasped. "They made it!"

"Oh phew," Soma said, appearing from a doorway with a large bucket of popcorn. "I wasn't sure if they would make it."

"Are you trying to help us or not?" Jackson said exasperatedly.

"That's the problem," Soma argued. "I don't want you guys to die, but you are really being idiots and not helping me. Do you know how hard it is to be friends with idiots?"

She then took her seat again and changed the camera so we could see Roxanne, Xander, Alyssa, and Jay. They started running around to try and get all the head counselors to meet.

While we were waiting, Soma clicked around the videos so we could see what the rest of camp was up to. It didn't seem like anything different. People still had archery, and were doing the climbing wall, and sword fighting.

Soma clicked the camera back to the big house, where there was the group of head counselors around a large table.

The foursome explained everything that happened, including Soma's betrayal and Tony joining her. There were gasps and angry shouts from the teens at the table.

"I told you we couldn't trust her!" Bryce shouted. "And now because of her, Miles and Jackson are trapped down there. Actually," he pondered. "Maybe that's a plus."