18: Epilogue (One month later)

Camp was starting to wind to an end. At least for the summer campers. I was staying, like I always did, along with Alyssa, Roxanne, Tony, and Jay from our little group of 8. Jackson would be leaving though, and so would Xander. Soma had already promised that she would be around off and on. She still had to clear up some things with the other gods and goddesses.

I was going to miss them all. Over this past summer I had become so close to the 7 other campers who were on our quest.

Alyssa Maxwell and I were always going to be best friends. And as I walked around camp with her, saying goodbye to those who were leaving, I knew that we would forever be that way. No one could change that.

Roxanne King was actually a really great person once you got to know her. Now that everyone knew Roxanne and Tony were best friends we saw them hanging out way more often than before. I think openly showing affection like that was helping people to understand Roxanne better too. She would always be a daughter of Ares, but that didn't mean everyone had to be scared of her because of it.

Anthony Stoter is a hero for defeating Styx single handedly. Tony had finally come to terms with his parentage. Hera still hadn't shown herself since he had been claimed, but it was alright. Tony was just glad that he had finally been recognized, and from then on, he knew who he was and no one else could bring his self esteem down.

Jay Daniels would always be my friend, and for now, it would stay that way. But I don't know what the future holds, and I wasn't sure what my opinions really were. After the battle with Styx, Jay seemed to realize that his dad always had the best of intentions, and that even though he didn't like how he hovered over him, he was still appreciative of what Lester did for the camp that day. I even heard that he was going to talk to him about how Jay didn't need him to always watch out for him.

Xander Allen would be leaving, and we were all sad to see him go. Alyssa the most. Xander and I had a weird relationship, but he was really an amazing guy and I knew that he and Alyssa would be good to each other. Because they really were perfect. Xander and Roxanne would always get on each other's nerves, but I knew that now it was more of a friendly gesture. And he seemed to be more accepting of his British ancestry, now that everyone knew, although he still talked in the American accent we know.

Jackson Dubois was never the type of person I would have considered to be one of my closest friends. Before, I just thought he was an annoying guy that liked to flirt. But somehow, we clicked and understood each other and became instant friends. I don't know where life will take him, with his strained relationship with his dad and his strange past. But I know that he has it under control, and that we can always talk to each other. I have no idea where his crush on Soma is going to go, or whether that will make him stop flirting, but I'm just glad that we got to become friends.

Soma, goddess of determination, is determined to continue to help demigods, along with keeping an eye on her mom, and visiting both the camps and all the other outposts that have demigods. I knew that she would continue to be the same old Soma that we know and love, stubborn and sarcastic. I really don't think I would ever know what to think of her, but she would always be an interesting friend, and I was glad for her.

As for everyone else at camp, things were going well. Grace and Kyson were now going steady, and Lester was officially on the look out for a new oracle. Bryce would always be annoying, but he was a little bit humbled from when Roxanne punched him. Kylie and Evie were continuing to be the amazing people they were, and singing campfire songs was still one of the best parts of my day.

I would always miss Tracy, and Ryder came up to me one day and asked if he could see the camera. We enjoyed watching a lot of the videos she made together, it was a way to keep her in our memories forever. I knew she and Ryder were close, but I wondered if Ryder liked her. It made me sad to think that she was gone, and that Ryder would never know if she liked him back.