Chapter 3 - Terrible First Impression?

The next day...

Since the day before was a weekend for all students due to the published exam results, today was when everyone started a fresh week of strenuous study for their steps to starhood. This also meant one extra thing. Today was also the day when the other Starish members dropped by the Academy.

<AYAME'S POV>

.

.

.

As if a routine, Asuka and I were walking to school together, enjoying the fresh scent of flowers every now and then. Moments later, the tall, robust building came into view. I was feeling really giddy to meet up with the Starish members, I mean, it's any girl's untouchable dream! It felt like we were holding onto VIP golden tickets or something. And like that, after advancing through the iron gate, a vague lone figure could be noticed. It was......

.

.

"Hijirikawa-san!" His name immediately slipped out of Asuka's lips.

She, however, quickly clasped her mouth the moment Hijirikawa turned his violet eyes our way. I gave her a gentle nudge before jogging to where Hijirikawa stood.

"Good morning to you two. Good to see you are earlier than expected." He greeted with a light, yet precise, hand wave.

"*giggle* Of course! We're just really excited to meet Starish." I really couldn't hide my exhilaration for what was to come.

"You're right on time then. We can be on our way before the commencement of morning classes. Follow me."

"Alright!" Following closely behind Masato was Asuka, and me at the back.

We were led right behind the main building's small common garden. Not many people were around at this time, perhaps because of three very distinct silhouettes practicing earnestly. Anyone would much rather not interrupt the perfect rhythm and coordination playing out in front of them. Asuka and I, in fact, felt pretty excluded upon experiencing this powerful aura.

(Oh my... They are indeed cut from a different cloth than us newbies... Talk about superiority!)

"...So that's Starish..." I heard Asuka mumble next to me, full of awe.

Glued on the spot, I continued, "Yeah, I can feel their passionate energy all the way here..."

(And we aren't even THAT close!)

"Hmm? What's the matter?" Sensing that we had stopped walking, Hijirikawa turned back in concern.

"Aahh, nothing! W-We're coming!"

I quickly shook my hand in a dismissal manner, trying to secure my nervousness. Just as I was about to take the next step, Asuka pulled me back from my sleeve.

She then eyed Hijirikawa, arising a question, "Umm, should we really be here? I mean, it'd be bad if we got in the way of your practice session..."

I must admit, that doubt had also faintly crossed my mind seconds ago. And I knew where my friend was coming from. We both were amateurs right now - a feeling of inferiority was settling in. I paused yet again, hanging my head low while rubbing my arm.

"Ah, you needn't worry about that. They all were informed of your visit before-hand." Hijirikawa stated in a reassuring tone.

"But--"

"Heeyyy! What are you doing over there Hijirikawa?" A cheery voice called out to us from up-front.

(Great, we just got their attention from our commotion...!)