Chapter 19 - Quite a Sticky Situation...

<AYAME'S POV>

.

.

.

Before I had realized it, the final day had dawned upon us at last. The past week was sure a gruelling one, to say the least, but I managed to push through somehow. With the assistance of my partner Rika, along with the continuous words of encouragement from Asuka and the others - regardless of how busy everyone was - I came up with a full set of my very own original lyrics.

Well, there were actually a few unnecessary bumps along the way - no scratch that - there were a TON of unexpected curveballs thrown at both of us but nonetheless, I didn't let any of it drag me down. I continued to persevere and just like that, now it's finally time to put my hard work to the test and show everyone what I'm truly capable of!

This wasn't the first time I wrote lyrics to a music piece per se, but singing out loud to a live audience definitely was. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a huge nervous wreck of overwhelming anxiety currently due to the immense pressure I was feeling on my shoulders. I have to do Rika's composition justice. I must prove that I'm the right fit for the S Class and the idol industry as a whole!

"Aahhhh! This is hopeless! My legs feel numb, my hands are shaking like crazy and my heart won't stop racing a 100 miles an hour! What am I going to do...? I have to calm down otherwise I definitely won't be able to do this...!"

Pacing back and forth in the empty classroom down the secluded hall nearby, I tried my level best to organize my frenzied thoughts and relax my irregular pulse. I couldn't seem to prepare myself in the auditorium's backstage in the first place. Though no matter how much I attempted to regain my focus by taking constant deep breaths, my attention was still scattered elsewhere. Thoughts of making a fool of myself by somehow forgetting the lyrics, messing up a note or even just sounding bad persisted to haunt my consciousness.

"*Siiigh* This is... This is hopeless! But I can't give up now, not after everything everyone's done for me... I-I can do this!" I yelled out loud, sandwiching my cheeks with both hands in order to pump myself up.

I continued to speak my mind, slowing down my quickened walk somewhat, "It's alright Ayame. Everything's going to be just fine! Yeah, you don't have to win! You only have to give it your best shot, right? Yeah!"

I must've looked like some absolute weirdo talking to myself like that, but it didn't matter. I was by myself in a massive room after all, and tons of people talk to themselves when they're alone. Or so that's what I thought, at least...

.

.

.

"Kushinada-san...?"

An abrupt voice that resounded from the doorway halted me in my steps, and I practically jumped in my spot as I hesitantly turned in the door's direction. My eyes instantly grew wide upon his sudden appearance as I stared at him, nervously rooted in place.

Before I could even think twice, that name escaped my lips in a terrified shriek, "I-Ichinose-san...?! W-W-What are you doing here?!" I stumbled upon my words in a fluster and all the blood immediately rushed to my face due to the millionth embarrassing event that's transpired ever since my arrival at this school.

(Why, Ayame, why?! Why do you always act like a frivolous idiot in front of HIM specifically...?!)

Tokiya merely closed his eyes while proceeding to clear his throat, as if implying that he doesn't pay any mind to my silly antiques at this point.

"...Ahem."

"Sooo, umm... What brings you here...?" In an attempt to save myself, yet once again, I decided to change the subject all the while still avoiding his sharp gaze.