Ch 1: When I met him...

Izuku POV (point of view)

Kacchan and my other bullies were done beating me. I'm assuming they were busy today considering that they only punched me five times and managed to kick me thrice. I got two punches to my nose - making it bleed badly - and three to the side of my stomach. I also got kicked three times in my shin. Nothing I wasn't used to, but then Kacchan used his quirk on me and I flew against a wall, causing my vision to blur. The wall I got thrown against now had a small dent in it and faint cracks along the side.
"Quirkless loser!" Kacchan yelled, before signalling to the other boys that I had had enough.
They laughed and walked away leaving me to deal with my injured body. I ran out the gates once I realised I was crying.

My bright, yellow back pack swung side to side (occasionally hitting my back) as I sprinted through the empty streets and into a darkened alleyway. I shivered a little at the cold. Once there, I ventured deeper into the neverending darkness, until my joints started to ache. Then, I took my bag off with just my shoulders, and hit my back against the cold, concrete wall and slid down.

I brought my shaking legs close to my body and wrapped my arms around them, with one of my bag's straps looped around my arm. The ground was cold and damp, but my mind was on something else. I could feel acidic water role down my cheeks, and even tasted a bit of the salty liquid in my mouth. I wiped the blood and tears off my face, with the sleeve of my slightly burned school uniform. As I cried into my knees, the sky became ashen and fluffy, grey clouds started pouring dagger-like raindrops onto me. I sat there and let my clothes and hair get soaked.

Dabi POV

I lit the end of my cigarette using my quirk. As I brought it close to my chapped lips, I felt a small drop of liquid fall onto the bridge of my nose, "Well there goes my day." I say to myself as I roll my eyes and stroll down a very dark alleyway.

I was minding my business, when I heard faint sobbing; taking a left, I saw a young boy trembling in the shadows. He looked to be in middle school, judging by his burned uniform and back pack, which I assumed to be carrying heavy school notebooks.

I headed towards his direction and kneeled down in front of him to reach his level,
"Hey kid, you good?" I asked a little concerned.
The boy looked up and I couldn't help but wonder what on earth could someone like him be doing here. He had luscious, swamp-green hair, deep emerald hues for eyes and beautiful freckles on his soft, smooth cheeks. He parted his rose-coloured lips and squeaked a miserable,
"Y-y-yeah." before rubbing the tip of his nose with his wrist and giving off a weak smile.

I sat besides him with my back comfortably leaned against the wall, and one of my legs at a 90° angle and the other stretched out.
"Why were you crying?" I said after breathing out a long trail of smoke.
As I turned my head towards the kid, I noticed that his smile had vanished and instead replaced with a cold, stone face. He looked back at me and gave a sigh before laying his chin back on his knees again, and started staring at the concrete floor in front of his vibrant, red shoes.

Realising he didn't want to say anything about that, I decided to change the topic,
"What's your name then?"
"I-Izuku...Izuku Midoriya." He murmured in his soft voice.
"Well I'm Dabi. But I guess you can call me Touya?" I questioned the last part, but the the boy, I mean Izuku smiled once again and gave me a nod. I put the cigarette back in my mouth and inhaled the smoke; with a sigh, I exhaled again leaving the area smelling like tobacco. Just then I heard a phone ringing. I knew it wasn't mine because I left it at the base before I headed out, so I dropped my gaze to the bright screen Izuku was holding, and saw the caller ID, mum.

He pressed the red button on the screen with a shaky hand, and hung up before sending a quick message saying, "I'm on my way home."
He slid his phone in his right pocket and stood up to dust himself off, "I better get going before anyone else gets worried on my whereabouts." He mumbled loud enough for me to hear.

Just as he was about to walk off, I stood up and reached for his wrist. As soon as I got a hold of him, I noticed how thin he was.
Surprisingly, he didn't fight back but instead turned around to face me, "Do you need anything?" He whispered questioningly. His eyes looked straight into mine and that's when I saw it, he held so much pain and sorrow within his small and fragile soul. My stomach churned.

"Can I have your phone number?" I said in my normal, cold voice without thinking.
I gently let go of his skeletal wrist and heard him giggle in a slightly sad tone. He fished for his phone in his pocket before opening it and handed it to me. I hesitantly took it from him and slowly typed in my number in his contacts.
"By the way I left my phone at the ba- I mean my home! So uhh can you call me when your home?"
I asked while scratching the back of my neck, and handing him his phone back. His pointy fingertips brushed against my cold palm, as he retrieved his phone and put it back into his pocket. He nodded at me with an unreadable expression and turned on his heel before walking off into the darkness.

1018 words

1035 words