Ch 8: Todoroki?

~~~~~~~~~~recap~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since he came over for dinner, he has slowly started reshaping mine and my mother's relationship without any realisation. He has kept more promises in the span of one month, than I have in years. I agreed that I'd never do drugs, I vowed that I was alright more than a thousand times, I pledged to not cut again, but guess what? I had shattered them all. Those are just some of many lost shards of promises that I had broken... I swore on my life that I would stop all of my damaging habits once I become a hero. If I become a hero...

Dabi's POV

After three months of being the small broccoli's friend, I realised just how much he has been hurting. There is a lot he has told me, however there's even more he hasn't. I know he's being bullied, but never found out who was responsible for these deeds. I know he's been cutting, but I never caught him on the act nor questioned the bandages on his arms. I know he's quirkless, but never found out why. He said both of his parents had quirks, so why didn't he? I feel like there is something more to this and for now I'll just let it be-

"Touya san, are you listening?" I was dragged out of my pool of thoughts by the angelic voice coming from the young greenette sat on the luscious grass in front of me.
"Uhh, oh! Sorry I zoned out." I smiled and he returned the kind gesture by flashing a toothy grin.
"That's alright, it happens to all of us." His tone was always calm and assuring, but it was always a bit lonely.

Like the frosty breeze you have on an early spring morning, always a blessing to have, but never thankful for. Yeah, that's what it remindes me of. His charitable smile and generous words are described perfectly as the colours of spring; not to mention his messy forest-green hair that always manages to bounce up like a chaotic bush. But his voice, however, is characterized as the piercing air that fills you up with a sudden feel of solitude on rainy days, constantly bitter and mournful. His face would illuminate joy, but his voice would radiate sorrow. That's how it was, and is, and will be.

"A-anyways, what were you talking about?" I questioned nervously, trying my hardest not to drift into my thoughts......again.

"I was going to ask you something."

"Right, go ahead." I smiled at him once again and he did the same.

"What's your family name?" That was it, it only took one sentence to shatter the smile I had held. My head dropped low and I stared at the fabric of my jeans, I would've cried if I hadn't burnt my tear glands, but luckily my eyes remained dry no matter how grieved I was. Just as I was about to tell him that I wasn't comfortable answering the question he cut me off.

"I have a guess, but I'm not entirely positive if it's right."

"Hmm." I eyed him curiously and smiled, "What's your guess, eh?"

He smiled back, "Well, uhh.." he panicked a little, shaking his hand in front of him.
I sat up straight and glared at him with slight suspicion, "Just tell me what you think, no need to ramble about every single detail,"
I wasn't aiming to be rude but I might of sounded a bit harsh, but Izuku being Izuku, didn't even acknowledge it in the slightest.

"Alright, just here me out!" I nodded for him to continue, "it's only a hypothesis, but from the research I've done, my best guess is that your a Todoroki."
As I heard those words, my eyes widened and dark memories of the times the number two hero, my father, had caused me pain, rushed through my head.

I started trembling at the sudden cold that surrounded me; it was brisk and cruel, bitter and callous. I layed my hands on the soft soil and stared at the waving grass, in an attempt to dismiss the unforgotten memories from my mind. It helped, a bit not a lot.

Suddenly, I was enveloped in a soft and comforting blanket of reassurance. I looked up to see Izuku had wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a warm embrace. I burrowed my my face into the crook of his neck and mumbled an inaudible
"Yes," and let my heavy eyelids shut, as I enjoyed the moment. I could get used to this.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." I heard him whisper soothingly as he rubbed circles on my back.
"It's fine, I just need to learn howta forget the past." I pulled him closer to me to get in his strawberry and vanilla scent. I inhaled the sweet aroma, that never failed to cheer me up, but seriously how does he always carry the same smell! Is it his shampoo? Is it some sort of perfume? Does he naturally smell like that? Whatever it is, I need to know.

"Hey," he pulled away and nodded.
"What shampoo do you use, eh?"
"W-what do you mean?" He questioned.
"You always smell the same, so I just wanted to know." I grumbled, a little embarrassed of how I voiced my thoughts.
I heard him giggle, probably because I was a flustered.
"I'm not really sure myself, but I guess it's just natural." He shrugged and regained his usual stone-cold face.

"Hey, it's almost lunch." I whispered, even though I wanted him to stay.
"Mhm."
"What do you mean 'mhm', you should go eat." I playfully punched his shoulder but got no reaction.
"So, you are a Todoroki?" He questioned, trying to change the topic to the best of his ability. I frowned and looked down once again. I honestly would of have been in tears but none ever came.
"Sadly, yeah."
"Sadly?" He questioned. Of course he would, no one but my family knows how brutal that hot head really is.
"I'll tell you after you get some lunch." This time I genuinely smiled, relieved that I'd finally have someone to talk to about it.
"Alright let's go then!" He smiled as he stood up and held out his hand for me to take and I did just that.
"Let's go."

1104 words

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the deepest pits of my cruel heart, I want to apologize for the late update :( Can't promise it won't happen again tho 😅 But anyways hope you have an eventful day/ afternoon/ evening/ night
🌺☺️🌺