Evolution

| Mount Justice; September 08, 11:04 EDT

You don't have to wear those, Wanda. You're not gonna hurt any of us-

You don't know that, Dick. My powers they're...unpredictable. I can't risk hurting anyone, especially not at our first training course. I'll just observe.

Wanda and Dick came to a stop just next to Artemis and Conner's blankets, the kryptonian calling Halo, Forager, and Brion to gather around. "Super suits. One for you, Violet." He tossed it to her only for her to put up a shield. She was quick to put it down, apologizing to it. "And one for you Brion."

"Thank you. As you have clothing for action, now i do too," Violet said.

"And of course it is," Brion stretched it in front of him. "Form fitting. As you superhero's seem to prefer."

"Some of us," Dick stated, motioning to SB. "Yours was specially designed by fire by the Justice League so it won't burn up from your lava. Now you won't be naked when training."

The prince glanced at Violet, letting out a light chuckle. "Thank you. Naked was not my style."

"What is wrong with naked? Forager is naked now."

Violet gasped, using her suit to shield her eyes. "I'm gonna pretend i don't know that," Wanda said as she crossed her arms over her chest. The bug sighed.

"Fine." He then put on his helmet. "Now Forager is not naked." Halo lowered her arms, going back to standing regularly.

"But wait," Brion doubled back. "Did you say training?"

Dick told them to go get changed and as they did, Wanda took a place of a nearby rock to meditate. Artemis and Conner came up to him, following his gaze to the brunette. "What's with the power dampeners? I thought the point of training was to practice what else she can do," SB pointed out.

"Wanda's powers have been on the fritz lately. A-A few weeks ago they got out of hand and she broke a few things. She convinced herself to put the dampeners on, thinking that she could hurt any one of us at any second." He sighed. "She hasn't stopped meditating since. It's because she feels out of control and when she feels out of control, she becomes out of control." Scarlet stared down at the braces on her wrists, remembering the past events.

~~~~~

"Wanda, you might want to take a look at this," Dick called from the kitchen. The brunette rolled out of bed, walking in to find him smiling down at his hologlove. He projected the news, letting her take a look.

"I would like to personally thank the governor of Sokovia for taking the time to sit down with me and talk over the homelessness situation going on over in their country. We have come to an agreement that i believe will help both countries. The kids on the streets will come to live in the orphanages here, that is until the ones there are rebuilt. Shelters will be built for those 18 and up, volunteers from here coming to run them. I will continue to fund them and i know it's not much but it's a start-"

A smile spread across her face, jumping into his arms. "Not much? This is more than any of us could ask for. Pietro would be so happy." He hugged her back, laughing along with her.

As his eyes opened, they traveled to the glasses her hex was holding up. "Wanda." She pulled away, looking around.

"T-That's not me. Is it?" She looked down at her hands, not seeing them glowing or feeling her eyes burning red either. They then dropped to the ground, shattering on impact. Her hand covered her mouth, backing away from him. "I-I'm sorry-"