Into the Breach

What's happening? Why can't i move?

The brunette lazily opened her eyes. She slightly gasped when she found herself somewhere other than the Orphanage, where she originally was. When she turned around she was surprised to find Verdona there. "You're wondering why you're here. Or what this place is." Wanda tried to speak but nothing came out. "You cannot speak here. Not when your mind and body are not your own." The alien raised her hand to show her what she meant. Her and her squad were standing completely still, the effects of the anti-life equation controlling them. "I brought you here in hopes to salvage time. Though the astral plane cannot do much. I...am not sure why but i could not sense what was coming. I...could not stop this."

It's not your fault.

"The galaxy is in danger and i am afraid there is nothing we can do. Your friends are running out of time." It was true. Dick and Artemis were slouching, the equation not designed for them. "There was something we missed when searching Granny's warehouses. Something the Outsiders were able to find." Verdona switched the image, showing her Gar's team. "The one with the Father-box, Vic, shall be our savior."

What are you talking about?

The alien looked back at her. "He is embracing what he is, being able to detect the Apokoliptan tech Granny is using to keep herself separated. Victor has proved to be a great asset. I only hope he will get to us in time."

Verdona, there has to be something we can do. Anything.

"I believe Violet to be our successor, and in that hope the universe will not need me anymore. Nexus beings have outlived their time." She closed her eyes. "He is here." Everything soon began to fade, but Wanda wanted to understand what she meant.

Verdona, wait-

There was a light, blinding her temporarily before she regained function. The light seemed to have come from Violet, it knocking everyone out of Granny's control. It was a moment but they soon heard Halo speaking. "Help me destroy this!" They began shooting blasts of their yellow beam at the center of the device while Vic did the same with his sound waves. Superman, Captain Atom, and Scarlet soon joined in, flying near them, each taking a shot at a different part of it. The man of steel used his heat vision to shoot at on of the antennas, Cap using his energy blast to hit another, and the brunette using a beam of her magic to take down the last.

"It's working! Keep pouring it on!" Kent instructed. It began to over flow, causing it malfunction.

"Uh, we may be doing too good of a job!" Vic stated. "It's gonna blow!" He turned to shield himself. At the last second, all three Lanterns created a box around it. "Hm, still not dead.

Guy grunted. "Admit it. You'd all be chipped beef on toast without old Guy."

The three let down the box, the debris and dust falling to the ground and around them. Wanda put a shield in front of her as a precaution, letting it down once it was done. Her, Halo, Superboy, Cap, Superman, and Miss Martian surrounded Granny, SB crossing his arms over his chest before speaking. "Oh, and one other thing. You're wondering how we found you, you should thank Vandal Savage. He sent us and wanted you to know." This made her angry, opening a boom-tube right under her.