Mad

Dark

Dark.

That's all Y/n could see. The cloud of darkness coating around her form. She hates these kind of dreams, where she's aimlessly walking through the dark. Only her breathing was heard along the soft steps she took. As she walked further into the abyss, finally a shine of light appeared. Dimmed but better than anything. At least to her, it was something.

Her eyes adjusted to the light, seeing a tree. The tree bare no leaves nor fruit. It was just bare and a dull brown color. It had a dim light surrounding it, seeming the only thing lit up. Y/n furrowed her eyebrows, crossing her arms over her chest. She blinked suddenly realizing what she wore.

She looked down, a blue midi skirt that had ruffles and a white collar blouse. The sleeves had puffy cuffs and a blue ribbon neatly tied around her collar. Her shoes were black flats with tiny blue bows on the tips. Her hair was tied in a low ponytail with a cat eared headband.

'What in the world am I wearing?'

She looked down at her midi skirt only to find cat paw prints decorating along the edges. She looked over her shoulder and found a ribbon attached to her skirt that was shaped as a cat tail. Y/n brushed against the soft fabric in confusion.

'Look I might be married to a cat but doesn't mean I want to be one.'

"Why! Look at you! Pretty that! You are a kitty cat!"

A voice startled her, her head snapping back at the only thing in the room that stood in front of her. But nothing was there on the tree. Laughter bloomed around her causing her to jump in fear. Y/n took a step back, her eyes scanning around the area.

"Ah! No need to do that darling! No matter where you look, there would be no me! Look there and here! But no where would I be!" The voice bloated. Y/n stood still, her eyes staring forward at the tree. She finally understood where the voice came from.

"Because that could only be the Cheshire Cat." Y/n finished. The voice chuckled, finally a large fluffy dark navy blue tail appeared on the dull tree. In a swift motion of the tail, a man appeared. Navy blue hair messy scattered, his emerald eyes staring down at her form. His navy blue ears twitched as he gave a famous Cheshire grin. He had strips that were pitch black and nearly blended into the abyss. His skin a sugary pale. He leaned against the bark of the tree as his tail flickered. He was wearing a black corset that hugged his waist and a white button up shirt with puffy cuffs. Black trousers and rubber boats. Silver chains hang from his neck and ears.

"My, my! Such a young lady knows wonderlands riddles! And a beautiful one at that, knows the Cheshire welcome mat."