Roses

"I hate roses

"I hate roses."

"Why?"

"Their thorns always pokes me whenever I grab them. Besides, the color red just reminds me of all those bad stories mother would tell us."

"About those bad people who wore red?"

"Yeah exactly."

"But mother loves roses. Red isn't that bad, it's a nice color."

"Who cares? Remember what mother said in her stories, the red hurts us and burns us. Because they hurt what is good."

"So if red hurts good, does that mean it will hurt us?"

"Yes. The red will hurt us, but only if we're good."

"I'm good!"

"We would only know if the red hurts you. Mother says it burns and leaves burn marks. It makes you sick before you die."

"Is there a cure?"

"Yes. Only true love can cure it."

🐇🐇🐇🐇

Jisoo panted, setting her sister down who had passed out. Jisoo sat on the grass while holding Yona in her arms. The grass was soaked but there was no where else to rest besides outside. Otherwise their mother would've catch them already.

Yona has been uneasy the whole entire time. All she wanted to do was be near her mother and yet her mother laid so lifelessly on the grass with her night gown ruined and tattered. Y/n was breathing heavily and covered in sweat. Her bandages were soaked in blood that was starting to coat her white night gown. Yona once more squirmed in Jisoo's arms. There was something wrong with her mother, but what was it?

Yona whined while Jisoo tried to calm her.

"Ma!"

"Yona darling, please hold on, your mother is fine—Yona!"

Yona disappeared from her arms and reappeared on Y/n's stomach. She crawled near her face. She stared at Y/n who still had her eyes shut.

"Ma?" Yona called once more. But Y/n didn't answer. Yona frowned and furrowed her eyebrows as if she was confused. She then turned to Jisoo who was still in shock that she disappeared and reappeared like a Cheshire.

"Ma? Ma?"

"Yona!" Jisoo shook out of her shock and scooped the one year old. Yona could only stare at her mother. She wasn't sure what was wrong with her mother, but it wasn't like her to reek of blood. Yona couldn't really understand. She felt when Jisoo tighten her hold around her almost protectively. That's when her ear flicked. She heard steps heading their way. Yona felt her aunt froze with fear. Yona looked up and watched the way her eyes shook. She was debating if she should run or not.