3 | Little Witch

The Great Hall was surprisingly quiet that morning, but it was not something unexpected, considering that it was Saturday and most students did not even come for breakfast. You were sitting at the y/h table, your friends from the same house refused to get out of their beds, saying that it was too early, hence you had to sit there alone whilst waiting for your best friends to come. Your focus was glued on the fascinating pages of your book when you heard a pair of footsteps that you had grown accustomed to since your first year.

"Hello, gorgeous. Are you waiting for someone?"

You did not have to look up from your book to know whose voice it was, a smirk was cracked on your lips as you slammed your book shut, keeping it in your bag.

"Calling me gorgeous will not help the fact that you're late, Fred."

He snickered at your words, sitting across you as George took a seat next to you, casually wrapping an arm around your shoulder.

"Wow, you're so affectionate today. What do you want from me, Mr Weasley?"

You cocked your eyebrow at George, who immediately dropped his arm from your shoulder, smiling sheepishly at you as you could tell that he wanted to ask for your help.

"We need your help."

"Of course, I will help you. As long as it doesn't include a prank or something that could put me in trouble."

You murmured, remembering that one time you joined them doing a prank, which ended up quite badly, and Snape freaked out when he found out you were a part of it. The Potions Master lectured you about how careless you were for a few weeks, and you never wanted to experience it ever again.

"Snape will murder us if we ask you to do something bad, Y/N."

Fred shrugged his shoulders, and you nodded, agreeing with his statement which was absolutely true. He could be protective over you sometimes, but you were glad that he always looked out for you, making sure you were doing the right things instead of something that you might regret in the future.

"We need to borrow your notes. Please, Y/N?"

You rolled your eyes playfully at the twins, but nodded at them, before three of you started to walk out of the Great Hall together, heading to your common room so you could take your notes for them.

"You should watch our next quidditch match, Y/N."

George suggested, as they were talking about how you were always stuck in the comfort of your room and the library, instead of going out to have some fun. You pressed your lips into a thin line, shaking your head at your best friends. They actually knew that you would always watch their quidditch match, and you would not miss it for the world, no matter how much you would rather be inside of the castle, you would always be there to cheer for them.

"Yeah, you should. I mean, you can watch Gryffindor beat y/h team easily!"

Fred added, and you slapped his arm playfully, bursting into laughter as he pretended to be hurt. Their laughter died down, and they gave you familiar grins that you knew very well. It meant a certain professor was there, watching over you.

"Miss L/N, I need your help. Can you come with me?"

Snape walked over to you, asking for your help while eyeing the twins suspiciously. You never noticed that he was there because he was not in the Great Hall, but perhaps you were too busy talking with your friends that you had not noticed everything else around you.

"Of course!"

You chirped, nodding violently, as you had nothing else to do for the day. You looked at the Weasley twins who just smiled at you, and you were sure there was something in their eyes that you could not quite understand. It was like they were thinking of something, but they wanted to hide it from you. Shrugging the thought off, you waved at them while continued to follow Snape on his trails.