11 | Let Him Go

Severus watched as you sleep, finally getting some rest after coughing up blood for a few times. That night was the worst night for you, and it was the worst for Severus as well, as he would never wished it upon his enemy to go through such agonising pain that you had to face, and it broke him to know that you were forced to go through those dreadful things because of your own feelings. Feelings that you could not control, and yet, you were facing the consequences.

Taking his eyes off your sleeping figure, he walked over to the window, staring into the distance as he could not wait for the morning to come so you could take the potion. He knew you would have a bright future ahead, and he wanted you to be able to go through it all, thus he promised himself that after you took the potion, he would make sure you would never have to face such love anymore. He would hex the boys that break your heart into oblivion, no doubt he would, that he saw how much you were suffering from your one sided love.

"Professor, why are you still here?"

He turned his head to look at you, who was frowning, clearly in disbelief that he was still there until night.

"I can't leave you alone after what happened."

He mumbled, and you smiled softly at him. He looked tired, but he still refused to leave your side after he saw what happened to you. You dared to think that he cared about you as more than a teacher, but you knew it was absurd. Surely, Professor Snape felt sorry for you, and nothing more than that.

"That's so kind of you."

You raised your eyebrows, chuckling under your breath when he rolled his eyes at you. He immediately rushed to your side when you tried to sit up, and his action made you burst into laughter. He narrowed his eyes at you, annoyed when you laughed instead of thanking him.

"I'm not fragile, Professor."

You patted his arm to assure him, and he just sent you a glare, a smirk was plastered on his face. His smirk dropped when you got out of the bed, the worst scenarios were swimming in his head and he could not help but stopped you from walking away.

"Where are you going?"

"I want to get out of here."

"You can't, Y/N."

Crossing your arms against your chest, you shook your head at him, disagreeing with his words. Severus squinted his eyes at you, unimpressed, and he was ready to send you back to bed to make sure that you were safe and sound.

"I just want to sit on the bench outside. You can come with me."

Severus wanted to scold you to stay in bed and not to go anywhere but before he could start, you were already on your way to the bench. Sighing, the Potions Master decided to follow you, the least he could do after knowing that he could not help much to ease your pain.

"Look at the moon. So beautiful!"

You exclaimed, pointing at the big window facing the bench, the moon shining bright through the glass. Snape sat beside you, smiling as he saw your eyes sparkled with excitement at the sight of the moon.

"I can't wait for you to get better so you can go through your days like usual."

He mumbled under his breath, but loud enough for you to hear him. You nudged him with your elbow, wiggling your eyebrows playfully at the wizard.

"Do you miss me, Professor?"

"Don't push it, Miss L/N."

He warned, but unable to hide his smile as he tore his gaze away from you. You returned his smile and decided to spend your time with him as much as you could, when you realised, that tomorrow morning, you would see him as nothing more but a teacher.