XII.

"Hi mr. Kim!"

Roseanne, the ever so cheerful girl squeaked, smiling widely at the older man while raising her hand slightly.

"Rosie." Edward Kim whispered in surprise.

"Is Jennie, inside?" She excitedly asks, eyes glancing around the house.

"She is." The older Kim smiled, opening the door wide.

"Are you alone?" Edward wondered, interrupting the thoughts of the blonde girl.

"Oh no, mr. Kim. Dad's with me." She shyly smiled, glancing back at her panting dad.

"Rosie! I told you to stop running." He breathe with a little difficultly, holding a big box.

"Strawberries for you, Ed." The older Park handed the heavy box to his best friend.

"Ugh, thanks Mason." He struggled, carrying the box with him to the kitchen.

"Jennie's in her room, Rosie." Ed smiled, giving his best friend a bottle of water.

"Can I go up, mr. Kim?" The blonde shyly asks, not wanting to be rude.

"Of course, sweetie. And call me uncle Ed, we're family here." The man said, making the younger blonde smile.

"Thanks mr– uncle Ed." Roseanne smiles.

"Now off you go."

The two fathers stared at her fondly and began talking when she was already out of their sights.

"I don't know what shifted but Rosie bugged me to come here all day." The shorter, more chubbier man complained, slumping down the dining chair.

"Oh, she did?" Ed, the taller, more fit man curiously asked.

"Yeah, they're beginning to be best friends too." Mason chuckled, taking another sip of his water.

"Or...." Ed knowingly looked at Mason, eyebrows arching up.

"Or what?"

"You know...." Ed lifted both of his index fingers and joined them together in emphasis, making Mason whisper a small 'oh'.

"If you know.. they talk more about each other other more than the usual, and ask about love and whatnots. You already know why." Ed winked, flashing his old friend a naughty grin.

"Oh, of course, of course." Mason excitedly nodded, just like the follower that he is back in the day when they would do mischievous things.

"Thought we ran out of luck when Rose bore a daughter instead of a son, I'm so happy we're still on our away of becoming families." The dirty blonde haired man heartily laughed, finally seeing a possibility of their childhood dream coming true.

"Right, right." Edward laughed along.

"Oh, but pretend you don't know. Act normal because these kids tend to get shy very easily, we don't wanna ruin the good things." He also added.

"Right."

"Of course."

---

*knock knock*

"Knock knock." Rosie grinned, opening Jennie's bedroom door afterwards.

It took a moment for the brunette who was busily preoccupied with the open books in front of her to reply, but when she did, she broke into a wide gummy smile.