XXVIII. [ M ]

-ROSEANNE-

After eating early dinner, dad and uncle Eddie drove me home. It was oddly weird how happy they seem to be, but I paid no attention to it.

Maybe they're just excited for the big game tomorrow, and I just hope that their team wins, cause the least that I would wanna do tomorrow is comfort two grown up men sulking over the losing team.

"I'll be in my room." I told them before quickly hopping out of the car. I jogged upstairs, locked my room, and decided to take a quick bath before scanning my wardrobe for something formal yet simple and comfortable to wear.

"Hmm... I think this is nice." I murmured to myself, picking out a newly bought black turtleneck shirt, pairing it up with my old black pants and a brown coat to top it off. I also pulled out a small diamond necklace to compliment my comfortable classy look.

Now, looking at my chipped nails, I decided to paint it black, to go along with my dark motif and opted to straighten my hair as well. After almost an hour and a half of dressing up and doing my light make up, I turned around to look at my reflection from the mirror, one last time.

I'm good to go now.

"Hey gorgeous." Uncle Eddie winked, getting his coat from the couch.

"Hey beautiful." Dad smiled widely, kissing my temples.

"Who are you so dolled up to impress?" He teased, making way for a blush to creep up onto my face.

"Do you mind accompanying us to the café a bit?" Dad then asked, I glance at my wrist watch and nodded my head. I still have more than 20 minutes anyway.

"Perfect."

We drove to the café with uncle Ed, turns out that dad forgot something in there and uncle Ed was craving for one of dad's special coffee, so he tagged along.

"You guys will stay here still? I need to go now." I looked at uncle Eddie who was sitting on top of the counter, while dad was on the station making his coffee. The both of them looked at me and nodded.

"Bring my car with you, we'll just walk home." Dad said, tossing me his car keys.

"Alright, bye you too. Try not drink too much coffee!" I waived my hands, turning away to leave.

"Hey, Rosie!" Uncle Ed yelled, following behind me after I exited the establishment, startling me slightly.

"Yeah?"

"Go do a pose over there, your dad asked me to take a picture of you before you leave. He said something about sending it to your grandmother." He instructed, hurriedly taking out his phone.

"Oh, but ugh... it's embarrassing out here." I murmured low, ducking my head shyly as my eyes scanned the busy streets.

"Oh, come on. There's no one here. There! Lean there." He slightly pushed me to the side where the railings were, then asked me to do a cool pose.

"You look bored, come on sweetie. Be cool, like... chill, act natural."

I leaned back and sat on the railing behind me, looking at the camera as what uncle Eddie suggested— cooly.