XXIII.

"Can you walk properly?" The overly concerned short girl asked, grabbing the taller girl's bag and sliding it to her back.

"I can, give me that, it's heavy." Roseanne argued, tugging back the bag.

"No!" Jennie hissed, glaring at her before whipping out a towel to wipe her sweaty neck and face, instantly making her eyes shut at the warm fuzzy feeling in the pit of her stomach that the action made her feel.

"Here, drink some water." Jennie raised a water bottle in front of her lips, the brunette urging her to take a sip while she holds the bottle for her.

"Thank you." She shyly blushed, taking a huge gulp of the cold water to quench her thirst.

"Come, I'll help you walk to the showers." Jennie offered, not giving Roseanne a chance to argue for her arm were already wrapped around the girl's waist, tightly supporting her body.

"I told you, I can walk." Roseanne chuckled, loving the way Jennie cares so much about her.

"I know, but I insist." Jennie's intimidating eyes stare at Roseanne, making her hold back a wide smile.

"Yeah, do what you want."

They walked together in slow paced steps, and on the usual days, Rosie would hate walking like a turtle, but having Jennie's body around her like this while they slowly walk, taking their sweet time in an almost empty hallway made her figure out that it wasn't that bad after all.

In fact, she loved it, and she'd like to walk with Jennie like this again. Slow, with her arm possessively hanging around Jennie's shoulder, and her arm on her waist, affectionately pulling her close.

"Oi, look at you great Roseanne!" The blonde's half Australian teammate yelled, sighing enviously while leaning against the shower room door.

"How nice it must be to have a caring girlfriend." She added, looking at Jennie before pouting.

"Not to mention she's very pretty too." Another teammate of hers popped behind the former and chimed in.

"Lucky gal, Rosé..."

"Good for you." The two slightly chuckled at the brunette's flushed face, but rather laughed loudly at the blonde's priceless expression.

"They're shy, Brighton. Come on."

"You're right, Kwon." They then laughed, playfully patting Rosie's back before leaving the two that were still standing frozen.

It was awkward silence for a moment, the two standing quietly without talking. Just sensing the atmosphere, and feeling the vibe of each other.

"I... think you should go shower, I'll wait for you here." Jennie whispered weakly, breaking their silence.

"I ah, yeah." The latter nodded, getting her bag from Jennie before getting inside the shower room.

"Oh and don't mind Haneul and Beth, they're crazy." She smiled awkwardly before proceeding to get in.

"Right, no problem at all."

---

A week later.

Monday.

-JENNIE-