Chapter 3: Going On A Date - Day 1-2

"Beast Boy!" I called out to him. He probably hadn't gotten to his room yet. I hope he doesn't mind teaching me how to flirt with someone.

"Yea Rae?" His head popped out from the doorframe before his whole body came into view. "I uh, never flirted before... Mind helping me?" I gave him a small yet kind smile. "Of corse Rae."

"Raven." I corrected him. I hate being called Rae. "Heh heh, yea, sorry Raven." He corrected himself. "So, where do we start?"

.
.
.

After 2 hours of beating 'taught' how to flirt, I finally managed to do a half decent job at it. "Finally! Jesus Raven, I didn't think someone could ever be so hopeless!" He flopped down on my bed beside me and sighed. "Hey! I'm sure Robbin would be worse... Ever seen him try to flirt with Star? He's terrible! And they're already together!" I defended.

"Yea, that's true... Well, I'm beat, see you tomorrow I guess." He got off my bed and left the room without another word. Man, I hate other people being in my room...

I took off my cloak and belt and hung them up where they usually go in my closet before removing my boots and collapsing onto my bed. "Aqualadd huh? How hard could it be?" I tried to reassure myself as I drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up, I was surprisingly feeling up to what I was gonna do today. I went out into the main living area and used the computer to call over Aqualadd. Of course, him being the kind person that he is, he said yes.
"Well that's a start..." I thought out loud. I headed back to my room to get dressed. Since the past week has been fairly quiet, I decided to go with black jeans, high tops and a plain dark blue shirt rather than my usual outfit. I combed my hair and bobby pinned one side out of my face. "Cute. I don't do cute." I said to myself as I looked at my reflection. I pulled the bobby pin out and was happy with my appearance, just in time too, because when I did, the door bell rang.

I rushed down to the first floor and saw that Robbin was about to open the door. "Wait, it's for me." I said as I caught up with him. When he turned to face me, his eyes widened. "Never seen you out of the cloak before, Raven." He smiled, approving of my look.

"Well, yea.. I'm going out, see you in a couple hours." I stepped in front of him, getting closer to the door.
"Ooh, Ravens going on a date." I gave him an evil-ish look and pressed the button that opened the door. When the door opened fully, there stood Aqualadd, wearing plain denim jeans, converse shoes and a cute light blue shirt with a picture of an animated whale in a sailors uniform with his hair brushed back like always. "Cute shirt." I said as I walked out the door, closing it behind myself. "Thank you. You look very nice yourself. So, got anywhere you wanna go, or maybe we should go see a movie? Up to you." I smiled at how sweet he was being to me. Maybe I wouldn't have to try as hard as I thought?

"A movie sounds nice." I gave him a small smile and we headed off to the movies.

.
.
.

We arrived at the movie, bought drinks, a bag of lollies and two movie tickets. I don't remember the movies name, but it was a thriller where a girl gets kidnapped over seas or something. We sat next to each other near the back and talked a bit while we waited for the movie to begin.

"Shh, shh, the movies starting." He said to me excitedly. I nodded in response and turned my attention to the movie.

.
.
.

"So, what do you wanna do now?" He asked me as we exited the movie theatre. "I picked the movies, you choose where we go now." I tried doing one of those 'flirty' things that Beast Boy told me about when girls push their hair out of their faces with a cute smile, I don't know if Aqualadd thought it was cute or whatever though. I felt pretty fricken adorable, well, compared to how I usually feel. Wow, my thoughts are weird...

"How about we go get some lunch?" He suggested. I did skip breakfast... "Yea, lunch sounds great." I gave him another small smile and we headed off to the nearest food place there was.