Part 15: One More Way To Help - Day 6

~ Beast Boy ~

I can't believe Rae beat us in our own game yesterday. And to think she's never played before. That's crazy. What's even more crazy though is that she is turning 18 tomorrow. 18!

Maybe I should tell her my last plan now? It's around midday and we've had a pretty good morning so far; Robbin cooked an amazing breakfast, there hadn't been any trouble for the past few days and Rae agreed to play a few more rounds of the game before meditating.

She's been in her room for about an hour now meditating and I just finished wrapping the book in wrapping paper, so now is probably the best time.

I walked down the hall until I came across the familiar door with the plaque on it that read 'RAVEN'. I knocked on the door and after a few seconds, Raven answered, her hood over her face.

"Hey, can I come in..?" I asked her.

"Sure, I guess so." I'm still not getting used to her letting me in here.

"I still have one more idea for tomorrow..." I said as I sat on her bed, rather than jumping on it. I needed her to be in the most calm mood possible so that I don't die.

"Don't, Beast Boy. We've thought of everything. There is nothing. Aqualadd was pretty much my only hope, and he broke it off, so it's over. Please, don't give me anymore false hope. I'm done." I could hear the hurt in her voice as she walked past me to get out s book from the shelf.

"Well, he wasn't your only hope." I said, trying to hint at what I was getting at. I felt so awkward just offering, let alone out right saying it.

"What do you mean..?" She eyed me suspiciously as she stopped grabbing at the book and slid it back into place. I just stayed silent, not wanting to say anything more otherwise my head would explode from the about of heat pouring onto it.

"Beast Boy..?" She walked towards me and took her hood off. "What do you mean by that..?" She sat down beside me and eyed me suspiciously.

"I, uh... I don't know how to word this without it sounding really creepy or... Um..." I was trying to find the words to say. It's not like I was going to just look her in the eye and offer up my... Uh... I'm not finishing that sentence... That sentence never should've been started in the first place.

"Just tell me." I could see a light shade of pink coating her cheeks. I think she finally got what I was trying to say.

"Wait, are you saying that you- uh, I mean, is that..." Her face was so red, even her ears were starting to become red.

I didn't know what else to say, and neither did she. I wasn't even sure if she was thinking about my offer. I tried looking for anything in her room that I could possibly use to not look at her, but in the end, my eyes connected with hers.

I wanted to tell her how I felt. I wanted to hug her and tell her that I will do whatever it takes to make her happy. So I took a deep breath, gained as much courage as I could, and did what any man would, I leaned in and kissed her.

Just like that. I forgot everything, where we were, what we were doing, only that I love her and she wasn't pushing me away. Her lips were so soft and warm, I felt completely at home kissing her. I'm not sure how long I was kissing her for, but she didn't push me away, not once. The only reason my lips left hers was because I needed to breath. In fact, I'm not even sure that anything broke or exploded.

When I looked at her face, I don't think that there was a single area that wasn't completely covered in pink. Her cheeks were flushed and so were her ears.

"S-sorry..." Her eyes were still partially closed from just before. "Huh? Uh, n-no, you don't- uh..." She was a stuttering mess and didn't know what she wanted to say. So, I pressed my lips lightly to hers again, but for a shorter time. This time she kissed back slightly, but I could still tell that she was nervous about it.

I pulled away but left my hand cupping her cheek. Her face was really burning up, but I can imagine that mine was too.

"O-okay... We c-can go with your plan..." She said barely a whisper. "Hmm..? Sorry, I didn't hear you," I teased.

"Shut up," she pulled me into another kiss, one more passionate now that we were both kissing back.

"Y'know, that was uh... That was my first kiss..." She said to me after we pulled away. "Really..? Sorry.." I felt sort of bad that I had just stolen her first kiss, but very proud at the same time.

"No, don't be. I'm... I'm happy..." She said.

We talked for a little while longer before Cyborg started calling for me. "I should probably go then, hey?"

"Yea, I guess so..." I pecked her lips one last time before leaving her room. I'm never going to get over being able to do that.

I left her room smiling like an idiot. I'm so happy right now, I don't even know how to comprehend the amount of happy I am feeling.